pushing elite chrome 100

Old January 2nd 04, 02:35 PM
Jim

Default pushing elite chrome 100

Greetings-

Has anyone tried pushing Elite chrome 100 to 400?

Jim

Old January 2nd 04, 03:22 PM
Michael A. Covington

"Jim" wrote in message
Greetings-

Has anyone tried pushing Elite chrome 100 to 400?

Jim

No, but it works very well pushed to 200.

Note that it has just been reformulated. The new boxes say "NEW" and
"Finest-grained consumer slide film" or words to that effect. The new Elite
Chrome 100 resembles Kodak Professional E100G; the older one, E100S.

Old January 2nd 04, 03:34 PM
Jim

Thanks, Mike. And yes, I did notice the change - the box has a green hue to
it.

Thanks-

Jim
"Michael A. Covington" wrote
in message ...

Old January 3rd 04, 12:44 AM
Michael Scarpitti

"Jim" wrote in message ...
Greetings-

Has anyone tried pushing Elite chrome 100 to 400?

Jim

Have you tried it at 100?
Old January 3rd 04, 01:21 PM
Jim

Thanks for the humorous and obvious question, Mike. Here's the deal: I
have an F100 and Fm3a and rarely play with the iso setting as they have DX
capability. I wanted to try my 'new" FE2 out (does not have DX ability) and
after finishing a roll of Provia 400F, slapped in the Ektachrome 100.
Whoops forgot to change iso setting.

"Michael Scarpitti" wrote in message
m...

Old January 3rd 04, 08:06 PM
Gordon Moat

Jim wrote:

Thanks for the humorous and obvious question, Mike. Here's the deal: I
have an F100 and Fm3a and rarely play with the iso setting as they have DX
capability. I wanted to try my 'new" FE2 out (does not have DX ability) and
after finishing a roll of Provia 400F, slapped in the Ektachrome 100.
Whoops forgot to change iso setting.

You should be fine with a two stop push with that film. It would work slightly
better if you had done about +1/3 extra exposure, but should be okay. If your
lab does 1/10 or 1/3 stops push increments, you could ask for 2 1/5, or 2 1/3
push, and the results might be slightly better.

I have used E100VS this way, though I realize that your Elite Chrome 100 is
slightly different. Usually, one stop is no problem, but going further often
requires some extra exposure. The best push results of any film I have used so
far has been from E200, and even that is not linear in response.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
Alliance Graphique Studio
http://www.allgstudio.com

Old January 3rd 04, 09:20 PM
Michael A. Covington

"Jim" wrote in message
Thanks for the humorous and obvious question, Mike. Here's the deal: I
have an F100 and Fm3a and rarely play with the iso setting as they have DX
capability. I wanted to try my 'new" FE2 out (does not have DX ability)

and
after finishing a roll of Provia 400F, slapped in the Ektachrome 100.
Whoops forgot to change iso setting.

OK, have it processed with a 2-stop push and it won't be bad. It will
probably be grainier than Elite Chrome 200, and it will have rather harsh
contrast, but you'll have pictures.

--
Clear skies,

Michael Covington -- www.covingtoninnovations.com
and (new) How to Use a Computerized Telescope