viewing digital images via cd

Old September 12th 04, 06:59 AM
lugan

Default viewing digital images via cd

I was under the assumption that I could view images via my cd.
Have tried using jpeg and another couple of formats. CD says no disc (i.e.
won't display)

Can any one advise how to proceed.

Old September 12th 04, 07:54 AM
Ken Oaf

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 05:59:38 GMT, "lugan" wrote:

I was under the assumption that I could view images via my cd.
Have tried using jpeg and another couple of formats. CD says no disc (i.e.
won't display)

Can any one advise how to proceed.

You need to put the CD into a computer first...

Old September 12th 04, 08:11 AM
Toy

"lugan" wrote in message
I was under the assumption that I could view images via my cd.
Have tried using jpeg and another couple of formats. CD says no disc (i.e.
won't display)

Can any one advise how to proceed.

wow, so much info to work on.

"view images via my CD" What and where is the CD reader.

did you copy/save images onto the CD????

if you did, did you close the CD so that it could be read by ANY CD reader.

did you save in ISO format so that it can be read by MOST CD readers

come on now give something for us to work on

toy

Old September 12th 04, 05:57 PM
Atreju

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 05:59:38 GMT, "lugan" wrote:

I was under the assumption that I could view images via my cd.
Have tried using jpeg and another couple of formats. CD says no disc (i.e.
won't display)

Can any one advise how to proceed.

Although you provided extremely little information, I am going to take
a wild shot in the darkroom ;-) here and assume you mean that you have
written your images to a CD via CDR software. I think maybe what you
have not yet done is "finalized" the CD. You can usually only read CDs
that are still in open session with DirectCD or some such software
running. Otherwise you have to "Finalize" the CD which writes the
Allocation Table out to the index portion of the CD, thereby telling
your operating system what is on there. If it does not see this, it
usually will tell you "no cd" as you are experiencing.

I hope that helps. Could be I am way off track, but you didn't give
much to work with.

---Atreju---

Old September 12th 04, 09:51 PM
Alan Meyer

"Ken Oaf" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 05:59:38 GMT, "lugan" wrote:

I was under the assumption that I could view images via my cd.
Have tried using jpeg and another couple of formats. CD says no disc (i.e.
won't display)

Can any one advise how to proceed.

You need to put the CD into a computer first...

Is that the round silver looking thingy?

I looked at it real close, but for the life of me,
I can't see any pictures on it.