Toho vs. Toyo view cameras

Old September 28th 04, 10:54 PM
John McGraw

Default Toho vs. Toyo view cameras

Hi All
What's the difference between Toho & Toyo cameras? I suspect that
there's some history btn. these 2 companies or are they the same co.
or is one a different quality range, or?
Hell, I've yet to figure out the difference or not btn. Macto & Mac
tools, & I'm from Columbus, Ohio, originally.
Not earth shattering, just curious, John
Old September 28th 04, 11:51 PM
Leonard Evens

John McGraw wrote:
Hi All
What's the difference between Toho & Toyo cameras? I suspect that
there's some history btn. these 2 companies or are they the same co.
or is one a different quality range, or?
Hell, I've yet to figure out the difference or not btn. Macto & Mac
tools, & I'm from Columbus, Ohio, originally.
Not earth shattering, just curious, John

I don't think they are related at all. You have to be careful about
English translations of Japanese words. Often in Japanese there are
differences not apparent in English.

I was taking some pictures in Millenium Park in Chicago and encountered
a photographer from Tokyo with a Linhof. I asked him if the Toho which
made my camera had any relation to the Toho which produced the famous
films by Kurosawa. I gathered from his response that in Japanese the
names were entirely different, and there was no connection.
Old September 30th 04, 06:08 PM
jjs

"John McGraw" wrote in message
om...

What's the difference between Toho & Toyo cameras?

With at least four Japanese writing systems, you expect any convergence
with English?

Old October 1st 04, 11:14 PM
John McGraw

"jjs" wrote in message ...
"John McGraw" wrote in message
om...

What's the difference between Toho & Toyo cameras?

With at least four Japanese writing systems, you expect any convergence
with English?

Hi John, only on the days of harmonic conversions, which are raerer
that blue moons. Thank you both Lenoard & John.
John