Nikon maintains DSLR lead over Canon

Old July 13th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
frederick

Default Nikon maintains DSLR lead over Canon

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk..._128284.h tml
Old July 14th 07, 01:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Dave Cohen

frederick wrote:
http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk..._128284.h tml

Does that mean should I contemplate moving up to a dslr I should let a
poll determine my choice.
Dave Cohen
Old July 14th 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Charles

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 00:14:23 GMT, Dave Cohen wrote:

frederick wrote:
http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk..._128284.h tml

Does that mean should I contemplate moving up to a dslr I should let a
poll determine my choice.
Dave Cohen

Either that or ask RichA
Old July 14th 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Unclaimed Mysteries

Dave Cohen wrote:
frederick wrote:
http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk..._128284.h tml

Does that mean should I contemplate moving up to a dslr I should let a
poll determine my choice.
Dave Cohen

55% of me says yes, 43% says no. 2% of me did not respond. I have a +/-
4% margin of error. Hope this helps.

http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net
Old July 14th 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
RichA

On Jul 13, 8:14 pm, Dave Cohen wrote:
frederick wrote:
http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...ns_DSLR_lead_o...

Does that mean should I contemplate moving up to a dslr I should let a
poll determine my choice.
Dave Cohen

Sometimes, rarely, consumer don't make stupid choices. This would be
one of those times.

Old July 14th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ASAAR

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 00:40:46 GMT, Charles wrote:

Does that mean should I contemplate moving up to a dslr I should let a
poll determine my choice.
Dave Cohen

Either that or ask RichA

RichA, you say?

Plastic people!
(Woooooooooooooooooooh!)
Oh baby, now . . .
You're such a drag

Ooo-Ooo-Ooo Ooo-Ooo-Ooo Ooo-Ooo-Ooo Ooooooooh!

Me see a neon
Moon above
I searched for years
I found no love
I'm sure that love
Will never be
A product of
Plasticity
A product of
Plasticity
A product of
Plasticity:

FZ:
PLASTIC! PLASTIC PEOPLE!
PLA-HA-HA-HA-HA . . .
PLASTIC . . . PEOPLE
PLASTIC PEOPLE . . . OO-OOOH OO-OOH . . .
PLASTIC . . .

Old July 14th 07, 03:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
frederick

Dave Cohen wrote:
frederick wrote:
http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk..._128284.h tml

Does that mean should I contemplate moving up to a dslr I should let a
poll determine my choice.
Dave Cohen

It's not a poll.
And no - make your own choices.
At the moment, Canon has weak choices in the consumer dslr market -
where the bulk of sales are made. The Canon dslrs are okay but most
other manufacturers have better product and greater range at entry
level, and a less confusing position on sensor size format.
It would be a shame to see the trend continue and for Canon to become a
minor player in the dslr business.
Old July 14th 07, 05:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
SMS

Dave Cohen wrote:
frederick wrote:
http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk..._128284.h tml

Does that mean should I contemplate moving up to a dslr I should let a
poll determine my choice.

Definitely. Especially a poll taken in Japan.

Still, Nikon's comeback in D-SLRs has been amazing. Except for the
high-end professional market, where the volumes are low and prices are
high, Nikon finally has a good selection of D-SLRs. The sales numbers
reflect the pent-up demand from Nikon owners that have been waiting for
cameras like the D200 and D80.
Old July 14th 07, 05:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
SMS

Dave Cohen wrote:
frederick wrote:
http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk..._128284.h tml

Does that mean should I contemplate moving up to a dslr I should let a
poll determine my choice.
Dave Cohen

It depends on which segment of the market you're interested in. Nikon is
pretty weak in the entry level right now, with the severely de-featured
D40x only slightly cheaper than the far more capable Canon 400D. But in
the mid-range "prosumer" segment, Nikon has some good choices right now.

Where Nikon is lagging badly is on the professional side, but the rumors
of a full-frame camera have started up again, so they may be planning a
foray into the high end.
Old July 14th 07, 05:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , SMS
wrote:

It depends on which segment of the market you're interested in. Nikon is
pretty weak in the entry level right now, with the severely de-featured
D40x only slightly cheaper than the far more capable Canon 400D. But in
the mid-range "prosumer" segment, Nikon has some good choices right now.

knock it off. the d40x is not 'severely de-featured.' perhaps it
doesn't meet YOUR needs, but both it and the d40 meet the needs of
millions of other people.

Where Nikon is lagging badly is on the professional side, but the rumors
of a full-frame camera have started up again, so they may be planning a
foray into the high end.

nikon is not lagging badly. the only issue right now is no full-frame
and that is expected to change. the nikon d2x is an excellent pro
camera, used by many pros.