Kodak EasyShare 4.0 now available

Old August 3rd 04, 04:29 PM
William Jackson

Default Kodak EasyShare 4.0 now available

I know that a bunch of people on this group have asked me in the past to
notify them when the new version of EasyShare software becomes available.
We released on our web site this morning Kodak EasyShare software V4.0.

What's included:

- much tighter integration with Ofoto including a new express upload feature
that allows you to upload entire albums from EasyShare and to keep track of
changes on the desktop that can then be propagated to the Ofoto service with
the touch of a button. If you add pictures to an album that has been
uploaded, the next time you update the album only those picutres that have
been added will be uploaded. Your Ofoto username and password are
remembered so you only need to supply it once and all subsequent interaction
with ofoto is seamless (where ofoto service is available)

- Ofoto powered email - instead of sending your photos as attachments, your
recipients will now get an invitation to view your pictures on a secure
location on Ofoto. This eliminates the worries about email not getting
through due to ISP email limits and allows your recipients with dialup
connections to not have to download all of the pictures to view them.
(where Ofoto service is available)

- increased support for Burn CD through the integration of Sonic's burn
engine. Many more CD-R/RW drives will be supported with this release.

- Much more "album centric" in the design of the software

- Windows standard selection mechanisms for selecting single and multiple
images

- drag and drop support from EasyShare to other applications

- the ability to re-arrangephotos within an album

And of course, a littany of bugs that have been reported here and elsewhere
have been fixed. Good news for the DriveImage7 guys that reported the
incompatibility on this forum: this issue has been resolved in this
release.

As always, this is a free download from Kodak.com. If you have the
automatic updater service enalbed, Kodak will start spooling updates on the
17th of this month.

go here to get it:

www.kodak.com/go/easysharesw

Old August 3rd 04, 06:44 PM
Arty Phacting

Way to go Will

Keep up the good work

Arts

Old August 4th 04, 12:28 AM
Gareth Hall

"William Jackson" wrote in message ...
I know that a bunch of people on this group have asked me in the past to
notify them when the new version of EasyShare software becomes available.
We released on our web site this morning Kodak EasyShare software V4.0.

Will we be able to download a single file instead of the not so
friendly download an installer and go grab the rest everytime you
reinstall, a complete pain in the backside if you ask me.

Old August 4th 04, 12:34 AM
Gareth Hall

"William Jackson" wrote in message ...
I know that a bunch of people on this group have asked me in the past to
notify them when the new version of EasyShare software becomes available.
We released on our web site this morning Kodak EasyShare software V4.0.

What's included:

I'll answer my own question after just visiting the site, a big NO. I
find it very dissapointing I can't download the whole file, however I
can purchase the whole file on cd if I choose. 18 meg isn't a big file
these days so why can't it simply be downloaded ?

Old August 4th 04, 02:42 AM
Bill Jackson

Gareth

I've answered this question time and time again. It's a function of

(1) we used to do this and found that for the vast majority of our customers
the install-from-web solution was much preferred and in fact generated
significantly fewer calls to Kodak for help, generally around "I downloaded
the file, now where is it"

and

(2) I only have the resources to deliver one download option. If I had the
resources (ie: people, time and budget) I would certainly deliver both. But
I only have enough for one. It's still something that I'd like to get done,
and in fact we've been considering an ISO image of the CD for people who
want to download once and burn the disc. (but that has a licensing problem
with one of the third party software providers that is on the disc and not
on the download)

Alas, the answer is not simple. For now, we're still doing the install from
web

om...

Old August 4th 04, 03:07 AM
Ron Hunter

Gareth Hall wrote:
"William Jackson" wrote in message ...

I know that a bunch of people on this group have asked me in the past to
notify them when the new version of EasyShare software becomes available.
We released on our web site this morning Kodak EasyShare software V4.0.

Will we be able to download a single file instead of the not so
friendly download an installer and go grab the rest everytime you
reinstall, a complete pain in the backside if you ask me.

Same old way. sigh. I wouldn't mind so much but the downloader is kind
slow.