THE 20D: SO LAME, IT MOCKS WOMEN WHO SPEAK THEIR MIND!

Old March 4th 07, 10:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
smb

Default THE 20D: SO LAME, IT MOCKS WOMEN WHO SPEAK THEIR MIND!

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 15:18:40 -0800, Paul Allen
wrote:

On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 05:23:14 -0500
smb wrote:

On 2 Mar 2007 20:14:44 -0800, "Annika1980" wrote:

On Mar 2, 11:08 pm, Eric Miller
wrote:
smb wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/74678633

:-)

Yes Brett, I enjoy your gallery, even the paranoid attempts at
Bush bashing. Get a Nikon, though, your images might be a
little sharper and have better overall "snap."

See, I would have labeled that one "Patriotic Lesbians." But
that's just me . . .

I did have it labeled simply "Lesbians."
Don't think it is too patriotic to support a chimp who is tearing our
nation up.

All in your opinion, of course. Your camp thought Reagan was an
idiot while he was in office, but history has shown him to be one of
the greatest presidents we've had.

Snort! He had a lot of bad ideas, but he was great at working a crowd.
All that acting experience, I suppose.

Snort all you want, but history shows he was much more than an actor
in a suit.

But keep up calling Bush supporters lesbians and luntatics, and keep
calling the president a chimp. When in doubt, name calling always
furthers your political agenda. Not! But it does let you express
the frustration of not everyone seeing the world as narrowly as you
do.

Yeah, it's really frustrating that somewhere around 40% of folks still
think the chimp's doing a good job. :-)

The trouble with approval ratings is that the public is extremely
fickle. Even at their lowest, W's approval ratings are better than
what Harry Truman's had sunk to, and good old Harry is regarded as one
of the great ones. Bush acts on his principles rather than on poll
numbers. Chimps are good a being mimics, Bush is his own man.

Old March 4th 07, 10:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
smb

On 3 Mar 2007 20:23:22 -0800, "Annika1980" wrote:

On Mar 3, 6:18 pm, Paul Allen wrote:

Yeah, it's really frustrating that somewhere around 40% of folks still
think the chimp's doing a good job. :-)

FOXNEWS?

I think the actual number is a bit less than 30%.
Even that number is scary. Points out the serious flaws in our
education system.

A good job doing what exactly?
I guess if you're an oil exec or have stock in Exxon/Mobil or
Halliburton then hell yeah, he's doing freaking terrific!

Come on, Brett, you can do better than that. You only used two lame
stereotypes. We expect much better from you.

OBTW, did you notice that George Sorros recently bought a huge pile of
Haliburton stock? Maybe it's time for the founder of moveon.org to
move on?

Gosh the weather has been crappy lately. Those evil Republicans and
their big oil lapdogs just won't stop fueling this global warming
thing and starving poor children around the world. If only a
democrat was president, there would be no problems. I'm liking that
John Edwards guy, if Iran or North Korea cause us any trouble, he can
just drag their rear ends to court and get a huge cash settlement!
Maybe even bring back Al Gore so we can reverse the tide of natural
climate change. Heck, I won't mind being out of a job from the
economy collapsing from being forced to comply with Kyoto, but at
least I'll have the satisfaction that Al will still be able to drive
in his SUVs and heat his big house! Then when it is convenient, he
can make another movie to document how the earth is really cooling
like was universally believed not too many years ago. Have cause,
will vote!!!

Sorry, back to reality. I don't own stock in Haliburton or Exxon,
nor am I one of the evil rich, but from where I sit the economy is
the best it's been in recent memory. W must be doing something
right.

Old March 4th 07, 12:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cynicor

smb wrote:
Bret is a good photog. He should just stick with that, but being from a
"yellow dog" democrat party family line, he just can't help it.

Yes, I'd agree that a good percentage of the images he posts are
keepers, but letting his overtly biased liberal underwear show in
public detracts from what he offers to the rest of us.

I find that his views only enhance his photos, showing what a
well-rounded, intelligent photographer he truly is.
Old March 4th 07, 12:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cynicor

smb wrote:
Bush acts on his principles rather than on poll
numbers. Chimps are good a being mimics, Bush is his own man.

Excellent. Thanks for the laugh.
Old March 4th 07, 12:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cynicor

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
smb wrote:

Bush acts on his principles rather than on poll
numbers. Chimps are good a being mimics, Bush is his own man.

LOL! Maybe this is why he's going down in history as one of the biggest
failures in US history. Just maybe if he had listened to the people he
might have had a chance of succeeding.

He did listen to people. It was the wrong people, though. And now he's
got to live through his childhood again, rejecting anything that feels
like parental advice.

Since Bush lacks principles and
moral integrity he had no choice but to shun the poll numbers, otherwise he
would have to admit defeat and his overwhelming incompetence.

No, Bush is morally steadfast.

Let me tell you about a dog I once had. We installed a doggie door so
that he could go into the back yard. One day we got him one of those
mega-size rawhide bones. He picked up the bone in his mouth, and tried
to run through the doggie door. The rawhide was too wide for it, and he
got knocked backwards. So he looked at the door, assessed the situation,
and tried to run through again. And again. Faster each time.

Was our dog an utterly brainless tard? No! He was morally steadfast!

Suicide
is a viable option for him to regain some credibility and honor.

No way. Suicide would give the Ann Coulters of the world a reason to
claim that the evil, treasonous left were so poisonous that they drove
this great man to kill himself.

It's bad enough that there's a push on to name the most buildings and
public places after Reagan. As Jimmy Breslin said, the most fitting
legacy would be to put Reagan on a three-dollar bill.
Old March 4th 07, 01:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
smb

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 07:26:32 -0500, Cynicor
wrote:

smb wrote:
Bret is a good photog. He should just stick with that, but being from a
"yellow dog" democrat party family line, he just can't help it.

Yes, I'd agree that a good percentage of the images he posts are
keepers, but letting his overtly biased liberal underwear show in
public detracts from what he offers to the rest of us.

I find that his views only enhance his photos, showing what a
well-rounded, intelligent photographer he truly is.

Well yes, of course you would think that way.

Old March 4th 07, 01:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
smb

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 06:00:36 -0500, Rita Ä Berkowitz ritaberk2O04
@aol.com wrote:

smb wrote:

Bush acts on his principles rather than on poll
numbers. Chimps are good a being mimics, Bush is his own man.

LOL! Maybe this is why he's going down in history as one of the biggest
failures in US history. Just maybe if he had listened to the people he
might have had a chance of succeeding. Since Bush lacks principles and
moral integrity he had no choice but to shun the poll numbers, otherwise he
would have to admit defeat and his overwhelming incompetence. Suicide is a
viable option for him to regain some credibility and honor.

Your last sentence alone shows the idiocy of your view.

Blind hatred and rage covers up a lot of truth. Look beyond the
stereotypes thrown out by the left and maybe you'll see a glimmer of
reality.

Old March 4th 07, 01:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
smb

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 07:41:04 -0500, Cynicor
wrote:

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
smb wrote:

[...]

All of this is well and good in hindsight and for self-congratulatory
remarks in the left wing blogs, but exactly what would you have done
differently if you were president, given the same information and the
same situation? Please be specific. Or are you like John Kerry, who
said over and over that he had a plan but never told anyone what it
was?

Old March 4th 07, 01:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cynicor

smb wrote:
All of this is well and good in hindsight and for self-congratulatory
remarks in the left wing blogs, but exactly what would you have done
differently if you were president, given the same information and the
same situation? Please be specific. Or are you like John Kerry, who
said over and over that he had a plan but never told anyone what it
was?

1. Not divert attention from the people who attacked the United States
and my city on 9/11/2001 by going into Iraq. And in the process, failing
in both Iraq and Afghanistan, while at the same time emboldening Iran.

Do you need more detail than that or is that good for starters? And no,
this isn't hindsight.
Old March 4th 07, 02:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
smb

wrote:

smb wrote:
Bret is a good photog. He should just stick with that, but being from a
"yellow dog" democrat party family line, he just can't help it.

Yes, I'd agree that a good percentage of the images he posts are
keepers, but letting his overtly biased liberal underwear show in
public detracts from what he offers to the rest of us.

I find that his views only enhance his photos, showing what a
well-rounded, intelligent photographer he truly is.

Let me add that intelligence isn't demonstrated by slogan-based smears
and referring to the president as a chimp. Nor is that well-rounded
by any means, that's blatant narrow-mindedness. It's just as
narrow-minded as the view that Canon makes the only good cameras. I
wonder how good a photographer he would be if he used a Nikon? If he
thinks he wouldn't be as good, then in fact he wasn't that good to
begin with, but merely someone holding a camera that he gives the
credit to.