Canon EOS EF-S Lenses

Old December 15th 04, 02:40 PM
Dr. Joel M. Hoffman

Am I the only one who would like to see a nice inexpensive fixed
wide-angel EF-S lens, say, 22mm (equiv), to complement the EF lenses
that I already have?

-Joel

Please feed the 35mm lens/digicam databases: http://www.exc.com/photography

Old December 15th 04, 03:35 PM
Wright

On 12/15/04 8:40 AM, in article , "Dr. Joel M.
Hoffman" wrote:

Am I the only one who would like to see a nice inexpensive fixed
wide-angel EF-S lens, say, 22mm (equiv), to complement the EF lenses
that I already have?

-Joel

Please feed the 35mm lens/digicam databases: http://www.exc.com/photography

You are not the only one. My main walking around lens is a 24-70; to
complement that on the wide angle side a nice EF-S prime lens in the 14mm
area (which would provide about a 22mm equivalent on a 1.6 crop factor
camera) would be a handy addition.
Chuck

Old December 15th 04, 09:26 PM
Skip M

. ..
Hoffman" wrote:

Am I the only one who would like to see a nice inexpensive fixed
wide-angel EF-S lens, say, 22mm (equiv), to complement the EF lenses
that I already have?

-Joel

Please feed the 35mm lens/digicam databases:
http://www.exc.com/photography

You are not the only one. My main walking around lens is a 24-70; to
complement that on the wide angle side a nice EF-S prime lens in the 14mm
area (which would provide about a 22mm equivalent on a 1.6 crop factor
camera) would be a handy addition.
Chuck

The 14mm EF mount lens figures out to be a 22.4mm equiv. Not inexpensive,
but with that in the arsenal, there's no point in Canon producing one in
another mount...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old December 16th 04, 12:58 AM
Wright

On 12/15/04 3:26 PM, in article 1_1wd.63768$Af.39481@fed1read07, "Skip M"
wrote:

. ..
Hoffman" wrote:

Am I the only one who would like to see a nice inexpensive fixed
wide-angel EF-S lens, say, 22mm (equiv), to complement the EF lenses
that I already have?

-Joel

Please feed the 35mm lens/digicam databases:
http://www.exc.com/photography

You are not the only one. My main walking around lens is a 24-70; to
complement that on the wide angle side a nice EF-S prime lens in the 14mm
area (which would provide about a 22mm equivalent on a 1.6 crop factor
camera) would be a handy addition.
Chuck

The 14mm EF mount lens figures out to be a 22.4mm equiv. Not inexpensive,
but with that in the arsenal, there's no point in Canon producing one in
another mount...

The best price for that lens is about $1750 (US). It is an 'L' lens that I
would very much like to have but I would think that in an EF-S mount a
similar lens could be produced for a lot less.