Where is this going now!

Old October 1st 04, 06:30 PM
Jerry

Default Where is this going now!

Today we were going to take pictures of our grandchild at a school award
program , and we were informed that some new rules are in effect and NO
pictures could be taken at any school functions anymore, unless we had
permission from all the other parents. Some pictures was going to be taken
in his classroom, but not now. It looks like Homeland security has taken
things way too far as all the so called rule makers are going crazy. It
seems like stupid ideas gets out of hand and snowballs.
Lets see, if you take a picture of a scenic Downtown area, you are
questioned as if you were a terrorist, if you take any pictures around or
inside a school, your a pervert. If this keeps going someday you will need
papers to walk down the street, Freedom gone.

People go crazy on rumors, and they go overboard on them. Cell Phones will
cause a GAS Station to blow up, Black mold is going to kill you, Lead paint
inside of some 50 plus year old houses is going to kill you. Asbestos in 40
plus old Schools is going to kill all the kids.
All a bunch of Bull ****.

Old October 1st 04, 08:39 PM
F I Nishing

Jerry wrote:
Today we were going to take pictures of our grandchild at a school award
program , and we were informed that some new rules are in effect and NO
pictures could be taken at any school functions anymore, unless we had
permission from all the other parents. Some pictures was going to be taken
in his classroom, but not now. It looks like Homeland security has taken
things way too far as all the so called rule makers are going crazy. It
seems like stupid ideas gets out of hand and snowballs.
Lets see, if you take a picture of a scenic Downtown area, you are
questioned as if you were a terrorist, if you take any pictures around or
inside a school, your a pervert. If this keeps going someday you will need
papers to walk down the street, Freedom gone.

I can understand all of that. There are a great many pervs about.

People go crazy on rumors, and they go overboard on them. Cell Phones will
cause a GAS Station to blow up, Black mold is going to kill you, Lead paint
inside of some 50 plus year old houses is going to kill you. Asbestos in 40
plus old Schools is going to kill all the kids.
All a bunch of Bull ****.

Your phone COULD ignite the fumes at the petrol station, no doubt on
that one.
I don't know a lot about mold, but it doesn't sound ideal.
Lead paint is very dangerous and COULD certainly harm, if not kill, you.
There is no question that asbestos can cause serious lung problems.
No bull ****. Research your facts before moaning.

Fi.

Old October 1st 04, 09:11 PM
GT40

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 20:39:33 +0100, F I Nishing
wrote:

Your phone COULD ignite the fumes at the petrol station, no doubt on
that one.

They can't and its been proven. Its just an urban myth.
Old October 1st 04, 09:12 PM
Dave

Maybe there is something to this...

I live in the UK, a guest American here, you might say. In the musical
recitals here, it is custom to NOT make videotapes or use still cameras
during the performances. If you want a tape, you hope the teacher is going
to make one by having someone come in, and you can buy a copy. Reason -
because they have over the years found it (all the cameras) distracting to
the people watching the performance, maybe to the performers, too.

Old October 2nd 04, 12:12 AM
Jerry

"F I Nishing" wrote in message
Jerry wrote:
[...]

Your nuts and must be one. If that was the case the pictures could be taken
outside of the school anywhere else.
Even down the block.What about football games, socrer games.

People go crazy on rumors, and they go overboard on them. Cell Phones

will
cause a GAS Station to blow up, Black mold is going to kill you, Lead

paint
inside of some 50 plus year old houses is going to kill you. Asbestos in

40
plus old Schools is going to kill all the kids.
All a bunch of Bull ****.

Your phone COULD ignite the fumes at the petrol station, no doubt on
that one.

You are nuts again , you must be one of the rumor creaters also. It has been
shown that Police cars, Fire trucks, any Public service vecicale, CBers or
Hams using over 100 watts on any band has never caused a gas fire. Thats
over 300 times stronger than any cell phone. Just another myth.

I don't know a lot about mold, but it doesn't sound ideal.

Its all around you. Go live in a plastic bubble.

Lead paint is very dangerous and COULD certainly harm, if not kill, you.

I do not drink paint it has never been shown that even touching it has never
caused any illness, just created for Lawyers to make money.
I have worked with LEAD for thirty years touching it everyday NO PROBLEMS..

There is no question that asbestos can cause serious lung problems.

So does cigarrets and other causes.
It has been showh that the money spent on removing the asbestos from
buildings has caused a even bigger problem.
It should have been just left alone. It was sealed up and was not going
anywhere.

So do your own research, dont just listen, and beleave everything on TV.
Simple people do.
People like you keep this kind of crap going on with their heads in the
sand.
I bet you also only Eat in restruants that have a no smoking area.

No bull ****. Research your facts before moaning.

Fi.

I knew that there would be some dumb ass come back with the same dumb

Ideas.

Old October 2nd 04, 01:39 AM
Hunt

In article Aug7d.157412$D%.128010@attbi_s51, says...

Today we were going to take pictures of our grandchild at a school award
program , and we were informed that some new rules are in effect and NO
pictures could be taken at any school functions anymore, unless we had
permission from all the other parents. Some pictures was going to be taken
in his classroom, but not now. It looks like Homeland security has taken
things way too far as all the so called rule makers are going crazy. It
seems like stupid ideas gets out of hand and snowballs.
Lets see, if you take a picture of a scenic Downtown area, you are
questioned as if you were a terrorist, if you take any pictures around or
inside a school, your a pervert. If this keeps going someday you will need
papers to walk down the street, Freedom gone.

[SNIP]

I believe that the ban on photography at the school is NOT a Homeland Security
issue, but a privacy issue, and probably dictated to the school board by the
parents. When I shoot architectural photographs of schools with children
present, I have to blurr all traces of faces, as we do not have model releases
from the students. In the stated case, it is more likely, that the parents do
not want images of their children being used any place without their expressed
consent, so a all-encompassing ban has been initiated. With the exception of
"security" for the children, it's a privacy issue. Here, you can blame the
parents, trial attorneys, but not Homeland Security.

Hunt

Old October 2nd 04, 03:29 AM
Douglas W. Hoyt

Today we were going to take pictures of our grandchild at a school
award program , and we were informed that some new rules are in effect
and NO pictures could be taken at any school functions anymore, unless
we had permission from all the other parents.

It is a growing trend, and it is grows from two prime concerns:

* Some children have had legal or custodial parents/guardians specify that
all images and data be restricted from public access--all parents (in the
U.S. to start) have this option, and they specify their prefences on a
data-release waiver form--the most pertinent rationale being that some
children are being sheltered from non-custodial parents who might learn
where to find them; although this is an extceedingly spurious possibility,
parents have the right to demand that their children be protected from this
very rare possibility;

* Some cultures and/or religions do not condone the appearance of their
children (or adults, for that matter) in any kind of celebratory or
performance-related way.

There are other concerns about school district liability in the case of
images that become public without parental authorization (and other
fine-points of liability concern that may be an over-reaction), but the
whole matter is such a sticky wicket (and school districts are so eager to
avoid any lawsuits or other legal ramifications) that it is simpler, simply,
to forbid it.