Mac users - be aware

Old August 5th 15, 07:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Mac users - be aware

On 8/5/2015 1:27 PM, android wrote:
PeterN Wrote in message:
On 8/5/2015 12:05 PM, android wrote:
PeterN Wrote in message:
On 8/5/2015 7:06 AM, AnthonyL wrote:

snip

It strikes me as being bad form to let users have physical access to
their computers and even worse form to allow them permissions to
install anything on them. Bring back the mainframe I say.

Many software publishers would like to see that happen. Except, what you
call mainframe, they call the cloud.

Bring back dumb terminals.

--
PeterN

iPads?

There is a distinction between terminals, and users. ;-p

--
PeterN

There's a joke in that... Whatever, webservices and terminals are
basically the thing.

I was not being at all serious.

--
PeterN

Old August 6th 15, 01:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-08-05 09:05:38 +0000, "J. Clarke" said:

In article 201508041741551393-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, savageduck1
@{REMOVESPAM}me.com says...

Le Snip

That doesn't seem to be the case.

Duck, don't engage. PLEASE.

You might have noticed that I have refrained from further comment in
this thread.

Savageduck

Old August 6th 15, 08:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Rich A wrote:

On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 5:48:43 PM UTC-4, nospam wrote:
In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/08..._exploit_wild/

enough with the register's linkbait bull****

BBC:
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-33798303

CNN:
http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/04/tech...bug/index.html

Good to know, but that should not cloud the fact that the OSX is the
safest proprietary OS out there.
--
mars for android m
Old August 6th 15, 01:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 8/5/2015 2:30 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

It strikes me as being bad form to let users have physical access to
their computers and even worse form to allow them permissions to
install anything on them. Bring back the mainframe I say.

Many software publishers would like to see that happen. Except, what you
call mainframe, they call the cloud.

no they wouldn't.

The all knowing speaks again, for all publishers.

--
PeterN
Old August 6th 15, 01:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

PeterN Wrote in message:
On 8/5/2015 7:06 AM, AnthonyL wrote:

snip

It strikes me as being bad form to let users have physical access to
their computers and even worse form to allow them permissions to
install anything on them. Bring back the mainframe I say.

Many software publishers would like to see that happen. Except, what you
call mainframe, they call the cloud.

Bring back dumb terminals.

--
PeterN

iPads?

There is a distinction between terminals, and users. ;-p

--
PeterN

There's a joke in that... Whatever, webservices and terminals are
basically the thing.

I was not being at all serious.

--
PeterN

Have a drink then..

Good idea!
There is still a lot of sake in my bottle at my favorite sushi bar.

--
PeterN
Old August 6th 15, 02:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS

Old August 6th 15, 02:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2015-08-05 09:05:38 +0000, "J. Clarke"
said:

savageduck1
@{REMOVESPAM}me.com says...

Le Snip

That doesn't seem to be the case.

Duck, don't engage. PLEASE.

You might have noticed that I have refrained from further comment in
this thread.

Until now

He was not commenting the issue but strictly off topic...
--
teleportation kills
Old August 6th 15, 04:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Rich A wrote:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/08..._exploit_wild/

enough with the register's linkbait bull****

BBC:
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-33798303

CNN:
http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/04/tech...bug/index.html

more sensationalistic bull****.

the risk of it affecting people is *very* low and requires user action.
apple has already blocked it by revoking the certificate which means
the user has to jump through more hoops. an patch is in the next system
update which will be released soon.
Old August 6th 15, 04:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

It strikes me as being bad form to let users have physical access to
their computers and even worse form to allow them permissions to
install anything on them. Bring back the mainframe I say.

Many software publishers would like to see that happen. Except, what you
call mainframe, they call the cloud.

no they wouldn't.

The all knowing speaks again, for all publishers.

as if you do?

selling apps is big business. apps use the cloud. apps are not going
away.