How do I center a photo on a page?

Old July 1st 04, 03:22 PM
Brian Kendig

Default How do I center a photo on a page?

I can't figure out how to print a photo centered on a page.

I'm using a Lexmark Z65p Photo printer, and I've tried printing with:
Microsoft PictureIt! Photo Premium 9 version 9.0.607.0
Fotoslate version 2.0.1.834 from ACD Systems Ltd. (came with printer)
Kodak Easyshare version 2.1.0.55 (came with my camera)

When I print a photo, the printer starts printing near the top of the
paper. There doesn't seem to be a way to put uniform margins around
the image so that I can frame the photo nicely.

I've tried using the printer's alignment utililty, which allows slight
movement of the image on the paper. I have the setting at the highest
allowed, and it has moved the image a bit, but the image is still
noticeably not centered.

How do I get the system to print the photo centered on the page?
Old July 1st 04, 03:57 PM
Rick

"Brian Kendig" wrote in message
om...
I can't figure out how to print a photo centered on a page.

I'm using a Lexmark Z65p Photo printer, and I've tried printing with:
Microsoft PictureIt! Photo Premium 9 version 9.0.607.0
Fotoslate version 2.0.1.834 from ACD Systems Ltd. (came with printer)
Kodak Easyshare version 2.1.0.55 (came with my camera)

When I print a photo, the printer starts printing near the top of the
paper. There doesn't seem to be a way to put uniform margins around
the image so that I can frame the photo nicely.

I've tried using the printer's alignment utililty, which allows slight
movement of the image on the paper. I have the setting at the highest
allowed, and it has moved the image a bit, but the image is still
noticeably not centered.

How do I get the system to print the photo centered on the page?

You might try looking at your picture setup in the program you're using.

Old July 1st 04, 04:13 PM
Gordon MacPherson

Brian Kendig wrote:
I can't figure out how to print a photo centered on a page.

I'm using a Lexmark Z65p Photo printer, and I've tried printing with:
Microsoft PictureIt! Photo Premium 9 version 9.0.607.0
Fotoslate version 2.0.1.834 from ACD Systems Ltd. (came with printer)
Kodak Easyshare version 2.1.0.55 (came with my camera)

When I print a photo, the printer starts printing near the top of the
paper. There doesn't seem to be a way to put uniform margins around
the image so that I can frame the photo nicely.

I've tried using the printer's alignment utililty, which allows slight
movement of the image on the paper. I have the setting at the highest
allowed, and it has moved the image a bit, but the image is still
noticeably not centered.

How do I get the system to print the photo centered on the page?

Qimage does it easily and effectively

Gordon

--
ÐÏࡱá

Old July 1st 04, 04:26 PM
Don Stauffer

Maybe Picture It does not allow it, others do. Also, some printer
drivers themselves have the option. When printing, use the file menu
rather than the print button- this usually allows more menu options.
You should see the printer driver software come up. See if there is an
option to center the image in the driver software options. This is
usually on same tab where you select landscape or portrait aspect.

BTW, I used to have a Lexmark printer. Replaced it with a Canon- much
better driver , with many more print options.

Brian Kendig wrote:

I can't figure out how to print a photo centered on a page.

I'm using a Lexmark Z65p Photo printer, and I've tried printing with:
Microsoft PictureIt! Photo Premium 9 version 9.0.607.0
Fotoslate version 2.0.1.834 from ACD Systems Ltd. (came with printer)
Kodak Easyshare version 2.1.0.55 (came with my camera)

When I print a photo, the printer starts printing near the top of the
paper. There doesn't seem to be a way to put uniform margins around
the image so that I can frame the photo nicely.

I've tried using the printer's alignment utililty, which allows slight
movement of the image on the paper. I have the setting at the highest
allowed, and it has moved the image a bit, but the image is still
noticeably not centered.

How do I get the system to print the photo centered on the page?

--
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

webpage-
http://www.usfamily.net/web/stauffer
Old July 1st 04, 06:11 PM
Jeff Durham

If you are using Windows XP, just right click on the picture from explorer
and select print. This will take you to the photo printing wizard. From
there, you can select how you want your picture printed. You can print the
same picture multiple times, or print multiple pictures on one sheet.

Jeff