Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

Old December 25th 08, 05:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

Default Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 08:44:19 -0800 (PST), ransley
wrote in
:

On Dec 25, 1:24*am, Pat Cheney wrote:
I'm sad because I read the camera reviews and now that I've opened the
gift, I found out the Casio EXILIM camera uses a proprietary USB cable!

The reviews failed me.

I only found out when I tried to pull some pictures out that all my mini
usb and micro usb cables are useless on this Casio camera.

What good are the camera reviews if they miss totally something that is as
important as a totally non-standard data interface to the computer???????

I'll never trust dp review ever again. I'm livid at how stupid the camera
reviewers are when they can't even tell me that a cable is proprietary.

Not one camera review caught this. Idiots all. I'm so angry at them.

I dint not come with a cable, most do, you didnt read the box is yor
fault not DPs. Every camera I have came with a cable that worked, so
go buy an adaptor or just use a card the reader in you computer.

Or return it. You did buy from a reputable retailer that takes returns,
right?

--
Best regards,
John
Old December 25th 08, 05:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ofnuts

Pat Cheney wrote:
I'm sad because I read the camera reviews and now that I've opened the
gift, I found out the Casio EXILIM camera uses a proprietary USB cable!

The reviews failed me.

I only found out when I tried to pull some pictures out that all my mini
usb and micro usb cables are useless on this Casio camera.

What good are the camera reviews if they miss totally something that is as
important as a totally non-standard data interface to the computer???????

I'll never trust dp review ever again. I'm livid at how stupid the camera
reviewers are when they can't even tell me that a cable is proprietary.

Not one camera review caught this. Idiots all. I'm so angry at them.

Maybe because the camera they got came with its own USB cable? Have you
thoroughly searched the box?

--
Bertrand
Old December 25th 08, 05:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 23:24:15 -0800, Pat Cheney wrote:

I'm sad because I read the camera reviews and now that I've opened the
gift, I found out the Casio EXILIM camera uses a proprietary USB cable!

The reviews failed me.

I only found out when I tried to pull some pictures out that all my mini
usb and micro usb cables are useless on this Casio camera.

What good are the camera reviews if they miss totally something that is
as important as a totally non-standard data interface to the
computer???????

I'll never trust dp review ever again. I'm livid at how stupid the
camera reviewers are when they can't even tell me that a cable is
proprietary.

Not one camera review caught this. Idiots all. I'm so angry at them.

I've never used a direct connection to transfer data on a regular basis. I
always found it easier, better, faster and saving on the batteries to use
a card reader.
Old December 25th 08, 06:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
SMS

ray wrote:

I've never used a direct connection to transfer data on a regular basis. I
always found it easier, better, faster and saving on the batteries to use
a card reader.

It's just safer to use a cable on a CF camera.
Old December 25th 08, 06:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Furman

SMS wrote:
ray wrote:

I've never used a direct connection to transfer data on a regular
basis. I always found it easier, better, faster and saving on the
batteries to use a card reader.

It's just safer to use a cable on a CF camera.

You'll probably spend more replacing batteries than you would from
wearing out cards. There are small card readers without a cord, just a
usb plug and slot for your card, at least that way you don't have a
tangle of cables.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old December 25th 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 10:39:35 -0800, Paul Furman
wrote in :

SMS wrote:
ray wrote:

I've never used a direct connection to transfer data on a regular
basis. I always found it easier, better, faster and saving on the
batteries to use a card reader.

It's just safer to use a cable on a CF camera.

You'll probably spend more replacing batteries than you would from
wearing out cards. There are small card readers without a cord, just a
usb plug and slot for your card, at least that way you don't have a
tangle of cables.

You're _not_ going to wear out the card.

Old December 25th 08, 07:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

ray wrote:

I've never used a direct connection to transfer data on a regular
basis. I always found it easier, better, faster and saving on the
batteries to use a card reader.

It's just safer to use a cable on a CF camera.

I guess I'm particularly dense - could you explain why?
Old December 25th 08, 07:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke

SMS wrote:
ray wrote:

I've never used a direct connection to transfer data on a regular
basis. I always found it easier, better, faster and saving on the
batteries to use a card reader.

It's just safer to use a cable on a CF camera.

While there is a tiny chance of damaging a pin, it is as
overexaggerated as the amount of labor involved in maintaining a
motorcycle chain.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Old December 25th 08, 07:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pete D

"Pat Cheney" wrote in message
I'm sad because I read the camera reviews and now that I've opened the
gift, I found out the Casio EXILIM camera uses a proprietary USB cable!

The reviews failed me.

I only found out when I tried to pull some pictures out that all my mini
usb and micro usb cables are useless on this Casio camera.

What good are the camera reviews if they miss totally something that is as
important as a totally non-standard data interface to the computer???????

I'll never trust dp review ever again. I'm livid at how stupid the camera
reviewers are when they can't even tell me that a cable is proprietary.

Not one camera review caught this. Idiots all. I'm so angry at them.

Quite seriously how the hell do you get from your front door to your car, it
must be so hard.