Death Valley in January? (And a note on the Sacramento NWR)

Old January 7th 05, 02:23 PM
Tim Smith

Default Death Valley in January? (And a note on the Sacramento NWR)

I know that they have been having a lot of rain in Southern California
this year. Does anyone know if there's a chance of several rainy days
in DV this month? I'm going there for a workshop later this month.

BTW, we have also been having a lot of rain up here in Northern
California. But we had a two-day break earlier this week, so I drove
up to the Sacramento National Wildlife Reserve areas (near Colusa and
Yuba City, there are also four others), to try for some bird photos.
But because of all the rain, they've closed the dirt and gravel roads
that get you into the centers of the reserves, so the trip was a real
bust. Oh well, it was a fairly short drive.

So check with someone official before starting off for those parts.

Tim Smith