Fuji Acros: I wanna lower midtones

Old March 1st 04, 08:01 PM
whitewave

Default Fuji Acros: I wanna lower midtones

I'm using this film in Rodinal with good results, but I would like to
have lower midtones.
What can I do?

Thanks.
Marco Baldovin
www.whitewave.it
Old March 1st 04, 10:51 PM
Gregory W Blank

In article ,
whitewave wrote:

What can I do?

Provide more information for a start!
--
LF website http://members.bellatlantic.net/~gblank

Old March 2nd 04, 01:35 PM
Fëdor Pavlovic'

"whitewave" ha scritto nel messaggio ...
I'm using this film in Rodinal with good results, but I would like to
have lower midtones.
What can I do?

try ask on: it.arti.fotografia )))))))))))))))

Old March 2nd 04, 08:23 PM
whitewave

Il Tue, 2 Mar 2004 14:35:50 +0100, "Fëdor Pavlovic'"
ha scritto:

"whitewave" ha scritto nel messaggio ...
I'm using this film in Rodinal with good results, but I would like to
have lower midtones.
What can I do?

try ask on: it.arti.fotografia )))))))))))))))

Hi Fedor. I tried to ask in iaf, but I had few answers.

PS: dici che se parlo italiano 'sti americani si incazzano?
Marco Baldovin
www.whitewave.it
Old March 2nd 04, 10:31 PM
Fëdor Pavlovic'

news
ha scritto:

"whitewave" ha scritto nel messaggio

I'm using this film in Rodinal with good results, but I would like to
have lower midtones.
What can I do?

try ask on: it.arti.fotografia )))))))))))))))

Hi Fedor. I tried to ask in iaf, but I had few answers.

PS: dici che se parlo italiano 'sti americani si incazzano?

non saprei, in germania mi dicevano sempre : Italenisce, alles mafiosi !

Old March 2nd 04, 11:26 PM
Jorge Omar

"Fëdor Pavlovic'" wrote in
:

"whitewave" ha scritto nel messaggio
news

PS: dici che se parlo italiano 'sti americani si incazzano?

non saprei, in germania mi dicevano sempre : Italenisce, alles mafiosi
!

Qui siamo tutti bona genti, tutti latro ((-:

Jorge (oriundi)

Old March 3rd 04, 07:23 AM
Fëdor Pavlovic'

"Jorge Omar" ha scritto nel messaggio ...
"Fëdor Pavlovic'" wrote in
:
!

Qui siamo tutti bona genti, tutti latro ((-:

Jorge (oriundi)

ciao

Old March 9th 04, 09:39 PM
Richard Knoppow

"whitewave" wrote in message
I'm using this film in Rodinal with good results, but I

would like to
have lower midtones.
What can I do?

Thanks.
Marco Baldovin
www.whitewave.it

I am not sure what you mean by lower mid-tones. If you
mean making the mid grays darker for the same value of
shadows and highlights you will have to use another film.
The rendition of gray tones depends on the characteristic
curve of the film. A very long toe film, like Kodak Tri-X
Sheet film, has an upward rising characteristic which will
cause the mid grays to reproduce darker than a straight
characteristic film like T-Max 100 or Acros. While the
developer has some effect on curve shape it isn't much.
Mostly the shape is built into the film by the way the
emulsion is made.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old March 10th 04, 12:57 AM
Nicholas O. Lindan

"whitewave"

[Fuji Acros] ... I would like to have lower midtones.

I do not know what 'lower midtones' means. Could you
clarify.

If you really want to mess around with the curve, then I'm
sorry to say it, but "Photoshop" may be your best recourse.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio