Omega D5 mixing chamber problem.

Old September 26th 04, 10:22 PM
Gregory Blank

Nick Zentena wrote:

I wonder is there a standard styrofoam for lining the boxes? I think mine
is still white but I think they need to be relined over time.

Nick

Omega makes a relining kit for each type of box both of which
are pricey. My Initial thought concerning John's problem was there
was an issue with the foam or the diffuser, sometimes it goes bad over
time. Unfortunately his rather obtuse method of describing the problem
lead me a rather circular thought process.

Won't happen again.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Old September 26th 04, 11:39 PM
jjs

"Nick Zentena" wrote in message
(it's about the Omega D5 color head)
I wonder is there a standard styrofoam for lining the boxes? I think mine
is still white but I think they need to be relined over time.

Mine were still both perfectly white. The material is a tight, closed cell
type, rather unusual.

Old September 26th 04, 11:40 PM
jjs

"Gregory Blank" wrote in message
[...] Unfortunately his rather obtuse method of describing the problem
lead me a rather circular thought process.

So now I am obtuse. Should I be keeping track of your assessments?

Old September 28th 04, 02:28 AM
Richard Knoppow

"jjs" wrote in message
"Gregory Blank" wrote in
message
Is the fall off during use of the DD mix chamber when
printing
4x5 negatives using that lens ?

Yes, when printing 4x5 with a 150mm Schneider Componon.

You know of course about that bellows lock lever that
allows you
to adjust the bellows draw?

Certainly.

Please clarify. Are you saying that you get asymetrical
fall off with the Zeiss lens but not the Schneider lens?

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old September 28th 04, 09:03 PM
John McGraw

"jjs" wrote in message ...
"Nick Zentena" wrote in message
(it's about the Omega D5 color head)
I wonder is there a standard styrofoam for lining the boxes? I think mine
is still white but I think they need to be relined over time.

Mine were still both perfectly white. The material is a tight, closed cell
type, rather unusual.

Excuse me, here comes a Tim Allen moment,
I wonder what would happen if the chamber were lined w/ krinkled
aluminium foil? would it harm the evenness of the light? Of course it
would be faster.
cheaper, & ezer to find.
John -Tim Allen- Mcgraw
Old September 28th 04, 09:31 PM
Nick Zentena

John McGraw wrote:
"jjs" wrote in message ...
"Nick Zentena" wrote in message
(it's about the Omega D5 color head)
I wonder is there a standard styrofoam for lining the boxes? I think mine
is still white but I think they need to be relined over time.

Mine were still both perfectly white. The material is a tight, closed cell
type, rather unusual.

Excuse me, here comes a Tim Allen moment,
I wonder what would happen if the chamber were lined w/ krinkled
aluminium foil? would it harm the evenness of the light? Of course it
would be faster.
cheaper, & ezer to find.

I don't know. I was planning to use foil to line the light unit that I
want to build for 5x7. But that's only for B&W. I wonder if foil would taint
the colour of the light? Not an issue for B&W but for colour?

Now if I only can find somebody at the big box hardware store to answer
some questions. Pretty soon I'm just going to rip open the box on my own-)))

Nick
Old September 28th 04, 09:36 PM
jjs

"John McGraw" wrote in message
om...
"jjs" wrote in message
"Nick Zentena" wrote in message
(it's about the Omega D5 color head)
I wonder is there a standard styrofoam for lining the boxes? I think
mine
is still white but I think they need to be relined over time.

Mine were still both perfectly white. The material is a tight, closed
cell
type, rather unusual.

Excuse me, here comes a Tim Allen moment,
I wonder what would happen if the chamber were lined w/ krinkled
aluminium foil? would it harm the evenness of the light? Of course it
would be faster.
cheaper, & ezer to find.

Kinkled? I think not. Maybe just paint the interior white.

Old September 28th 04, 10:43 PM
jjs

"Nick Zentena" wrote in message

I don't know. I was planning to use foil to line the light unit that I
want to build for 5x7. But that's only for B&W. I wonder if foil would
taint
the colour of the light? Not an issue for B&W but for colour?

Foil has no color.

Now if I only can find somebody at the big box hardware store to answer
some questions. Pretty soon I'm just going to rip open the box on my
own-)))

Ask us!