Has digital photography reduced your use of tripods?

Old June 25th 09, 10:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Chris Malcolm[_2_]

Default Has digital photography reduced your use of tripods?

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Bill Graham wrote:

"frank" wrote in message
On Jun 24, 6:57 pm, Scott W wrote:
On Jun 24, 12:06 pm, "K W Hart" wrote:

"Mr. Strat" wrote in message

.. .

In article , Robert Peirce
wrote:

I think you meant 12x18 as well. At least that is what I have been
printing from 6Mp.

I have 16x20s from a Canon 10D. With care, 20x24 is possible.

I can say exactly the same thing about a forty-year old Canon FX loaded
with
Kodacolor 200. Except for the "with care" part- I can easily get 20x24
enlargements hand-held and using the "Sunny 16" exposure.
Let me know how your Canon 10D is working in forty years.

Let me know where you are getting your film processed in 40 years.

Most chemicals for black and white are easy to mix and easy to obtain.
try doing something similar with digital. I've never heard of a home
made digital system. You can even make your own plates and emulsion.
not doable for digital.

Yeah....The days when ordinary people could come up with amazing scientific
advancements in their garages are rapidly vanishing.....Too bad......

I don't think there ever was a time when ordinary people came up with
amazing scientific advances. The time when extraordinary people could
do it in their garages only started with the relatively recent
invention of the garage, a motor car accessory. Before that these
extraordinary people used whatever came to hand, sheds, bedrooms,
gardens, caves, mountain tops, whatever was appropriate to the
observations required.

--
Chris Malcolm
Old June 26th 09, 12:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Peter[_7_]

"K W Hart" wrote in message

"Scott W" wrote in message
On Jun 24, 12:06 pm, "K W Hart" wrote:
"Mr. Strat" wrote in message

In article , Robert Peirce
wrote:

I think you meant 12x18 as well. At least that is what I have been
printing from 6Mp.

I have 16x20s from a Canon 10D. With care, 20x24 is possible.

I can say exactly the same thing about a forty-year old Canon FX loaded
with
Kodacolor 200. Except for the "with care" part- I can easily get 20x24
enlargements hand-held and using the "Sunny 16" exposure.
Let me know how your Canon 10D is working in forty years.

Let me know where you are getting your film processed in 40 years.
Probably the same place I'm getting it processed now- in my darkroom,
where I can process it the way I want it done.

I remember Rodinal, which is still available.
I also remember varying the basic formulas found in my Chemical Rubber
Handbook. (35th Edition)

Do they still put photo processing formulas in the newer editions.

--
Peter

Old June 26th 09, 04:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Bill Graham

"frank" wrote in message
On Jun 24, 6:57 pm, Scott W wrote:
On Jun 24, 12:06 pm, "K W Hart" wrote:

"Mr. Strat" wrote in message

.. .

In article , Robert Peirce
wrote:

[...]

By, "ordinary people" I meant people working on their own, and not people
who were part of huge corporations who dedicate a reasonable percentage of
their income to research laboratories. To be sure, many of these people were
extraordinary thinkers.......