Omega D5 mixing chamber problem.

Old October 2nd 04, 12:33 AM
Gregory Blank

Chuckling I am,

Thinking back to a Karate teacher I once had, he stated in class one
time,.."Nothing gives you more personal satisfaction than being able to
tear an opponent apart with your own BEAR hands". I believe that was
well spoke,....and seeing him and Mr Ed Parker in action, further state
seeing is believing.

In article ,
Donald Qualls wrote:

jjs wrote:

"Donald Qualls" wrote in message
. com...

Not me. If you understand how a bear thinks,

There is a real bear-feeder's (AKA Greenies) bit that says "The first
charge
of the bear is just a challenge. They charge at you and stop at 3 feet. Or
they don't." Now gimmie a friggin break.

Heh. And then they totally forget to mention that the bear considers it
a challenge if you stand taller than he does -- so he'll rear up to get
taller than you, etc. And if you don't then back down in approved bear
fashion (which mostly involves slinking away, like a scared cat crossing
a big lawn), he'll decide you want to fight to prove who's tougher.
Between bears, the fight wouldn't normally be fatal, but you're not a
bear. And of course if you're dealing with a sow and there are cubs
involved, it's never about challenge, it's about you leaving the area
faster than mama bear can chase you (and you can't; even a fat black
bear that lives in the dump and never travels as much as a quarter mile
can outrun an Olympic sprinter for long enough to catch him).

Climb a tree? How fast can you climb, anyway?

[...] You can't reach that kind of arrangement with a mugger jacked up on
crack and looking for $5 for the next hit;

Never said I could. I am armed. I shoot the ****er dead on the spot. What's
the problem?

The problem is the legalities of going armed. If the mugger hasn't
shown you at least a knife, you'll probably go down for manslaughter.
And in some places where you might not expect it, it's getting to be
quite a challenge to go armed in "civilized" country without expecting
you'll go to jail on a weapons charge even if the shooting is completely
righteous.

Here in North Carolina, for instance, it appears I'll be required to
take several hours of classes on firearm safety (stuff I learned before
1970, but they'll expect their phrases parroted back on the test), and
prove I can disassemble my weapon (sorry, guys, there is no recommended
disassembly for a Dan Wesson revolver, and none needed for routine
cleaning, even if I can find the spanner that came with the piece when I
bought it in 1981), in order to obtain a permit to carry it. Back in
Washington state, with twice the population of NC, and living in a city
bigger than Raleigh and Charlotte combined, I got my permit by simply
filling out a form and submitting to a police check to verify I didn't
have a criminal record.

Of course, I can carry a camera anywhere I want -- I wonder if I could
come up with a camera that incorporates a Taser??

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Old October 2nd 04, 12:44 AM
Udie Lafing

Or maybe they could get by, simply with a renaming
"Hog Wash Airlines"

Better still instead of bomb scanners at the check in
they could install a little pig that each potential
traveler is required to pet as they board the plane.

In article ,
Donald Qualls wrote:

Of course, not all terrorists are Muslim, but a great many seem to be
the past few years. Perhaps it would be enough to upholster airline
seating with pigskin leather...

--
?
?
Old October 2nd 04, 07:17 PM
Donald Qualls

Udie Lafing wrote:

Or maybe they could get by, simply with a renaming
"Hog Wash Airlines"

Better still instead of bomb scanners at the check in
they could install a little pig that each potential
traveler is required to pet as they board the plane.

No, that would never fly -- that would be instantly (and rightly)
challenged by the ACLU as regligious discrimination. For that matter,
so would anything else that would lead Muslims to avoid the flight
because of the risk (however slight) that they might die aboard the
plane without an opportunity to purify themselves.

I still like the idea I heard a few years back (long before 9/11, in
fact, when hijacking was the issue, not terrorism as such) that all
adult passengers be issued a .357 Magnum revolver with six rounds of
Glaser Safety Slugs on boarding (and required to turn it in when they
deplane, of course -- can't have those things going out in the real
world). Armoring a fuselage to prevent those slugs penetrating would
have cost a ton or two per aircraft (obviously deducted from payload),
but even with body armor, a 'jacker would have lasted about 2.5 seconds
from announcing his intentions...

--
I may be a scwewy wabbit, but I'm not going to Alcatwaz!
-- E. J. Fudd, 1954

Donald Qualls, aka The Silent Observer
Lathe Building Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/HomebuiltLathe.htm
Speedway 7x12 Lathe Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/my7x12.htm

and don't expect them to be perfect.

Old October 2nd 04, 07:28 PM
Udie Lafing

Donald Qualls wrote:

No, that would never fly -- that would be instantly (and rightly)
challenged by the ACLU as regligious discrimination. For that matter,
so would anything else that would lead Muslims to avoid the flight
because of the risk (however slight) that they might die aboard the
plane without an opportunity to purify themselves.

Maybe it would its worth a try,....you know when Hogs fl.

I still like the idea I heard a few years back (long before 9/11, in
fact, when hijacking was the issue, not terrorism as such) that all
adult passengers be issued a .357 Magnum revolver with six rounds of
Glaser Safety Slugs on boarding (and required to turn it in when they
deplane, of course -- can't have those things going out in the real
world). Armoring a fuselage to prevent those slugs penetrating would
have cost a ton or two per aircraft (obviously deducted from payload),
but even with body armor, a 'jacker would have lasted about 2.5 seconds
from announcing his intentions...

Maybe serving Pork Barbarque is the answer or mandatory Pork Yogurt on
morning flights.
--
?
?