Lisco Regal Holders- how to remove film

Old September 23rd 04, 01:19 PM
Bob G

Default Lisco Regal Holders- how to remove film

I'm getting close to a scratch-free 4x5 negative.

But I am struggling on removing the film from my Lisco Regal film holders.
Basically I've been using my fingernail to try to get under the film to
pull it out. But my fingernail is putting scratches on it. If I don't
use my fingernail, I can't seem to get it at all.

Advice appreciated!

Get Kodak lintless cotton gloves.
Trim your fingernails.
Use a business card instead of your fingernail.
Get your wife to do it.
Incorporate scratches into your esthetical repertoire.
Take your film to a lab.
Give up 4x5 and go digital.

Bob G
Old September 23rd 04, 01:24 PM
jjs

Lift the upper right corner - where the notches are. That area is covered by
the flap anyway. No image there. Besides, isn't there a detent in the holder
there just for that purpose?

Old September 23rd 04, 02:53 PM
Leonard Evens

PGG wrote:
I'm getting close to a scratch-free 4x5 negative.

But I am struggling on removing the film from my Lisco Regal film holders.
Basically I've been using my fingernail to try to get under the film to
pull it out. But my fingernail is putting scratches on it. If I don't
use my fingernail, I can't seem to get it at all.

I use my fingernail or sometimes just the edge of my finger to lift the
film, and then a I pull it out using the upper right corner where the
notches are. As jjs suggests, it is pretty safe to do that because
there is a detent allowing you a small amount of extra space to get
under the film.

Advice appreciated!

Old September 23rd 04, 07:47 PM
BLKnWHTwisner

What your problem may be, is that the film is all the way to the bottom of the
holder. This makes it difficult to get something under the film to lift the
edge.

Try this, turn the holder with the dark slide handle down towards the floor.
Tap the side of the holder, not the dark slide, but the narrow side, to make
the film fit all the way against the other end, the down end, of the holder.

Now you can get your fingernail into the recess and lift the film out.

Lauvone