Resurrecting a jpeg?

Old December 1st 19, 11:44 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

Default Resurrecting a jpeg?

On Sun, 01 Dec 2019 23:39:09 -0000, David wrote:

On 01/12/2019 18:41, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sun, 01 Dec 2019 07:42:41 -0000, David wrote:

On 30/11/2019 23:12, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:48:03 -0000, David wrote:

On 30/11/2019 22:21, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 20:15:22 -0000, David
wrote:

On 30/11/2019 19:36, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 19:06:11 -0000, David
wrote:

On 30/11/2019 18:32, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 02:09:57 -0000, Shadow wrote:

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 20:14:15 +0000, David
wrote:

On 29/11/2019 20:04, Mike Easter wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote:
Why on earth do I have to have the first part? Think back to
modem
days, viewing a large image in a web browser, it would
display it
bit
by bit as it downloaded. Surely if you only have the second
half,
you'd just get the top bit of the image missing? Ok, so you
don't
have the header to tell it what width to use, but surely the
user
could input that data, or adjust until it looked right?

The big problem is the result of the compression algo. You
don't
really
have 'part of the picture'. You have a bunch of bits that
resulted
from
the compression of part of the picture. jpeg/s can be
compressed
various ways.

Could YOU extract a picture from a Torrent, Mike?

Torrents don't contain pictures, dumbass.

You can't be that ignorant. A torrent can be of any type of file
you
like. You can download an ISO image, a bunch of exe files, a
load of
mp3s, or a set of photographs.

Yes - he *IS* ignorant!

It's like asking "can you extract a picture from the glass
I'm
holding?"

No it isn't. Glasses usually only contain liquids, although it
would be
possible to pour sand into one, or to roll up a printed photo and
insert
it into the glass.

Why I bought an Apple iPad -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a8Eimr-fm0

Do they actually have a real use? As far as I can see they're just
the
same as any other tablet, but at twice the price, with a ****
battery.

The video should have convinced you! ;-)

That could be done with any tablet. Nothing special about an Apple
device, it's the trickery of the magician that counts.

I thought it a very clever advert - and a very clever magician!

I've NEVER seen a 'pad' as good as my iPad Pro - the big one! ;-)

There is nothing else to match it - that's in MY opinion.

That's like saying a Ford is better than a Vauxhall. They're all the
same, except price. And in Apple's case, incompatibility.

You might THINK that, but you are wrong!

Go and visit your Stormfront shop and spend half an hour playing on an
iPad Pro ....... and on an iMac too! They simply exude quality - far
more like a Rolls Royce or a Bentley!

They're shiny. Form over function. I'll take the function thanks. At
a lower price. How much is a new iphone?

You've not done as I suggested have you? Had you done so you could have
checked the iPhone prices whilst in store. Did you note that Stormfront
give a THREE YEAR guarantee on all Apple products?

I have never heard of "Stormfront". I buy all goods apart from food from Ebay. Can you get a brand new Iphone for £50? I can. But it's not made by Apple.
Old December 2nd 19, 08:10 AM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
David[_22_]

Commander Kinsey wrote:
[...]

Now that you *DO* know about it, have you got the navigation skills to
*FIND* it?!!!

I'm a firm believer in the saying "You get what you pay for"! It's only
a few weeks since I paid Apple £45 to replace the battery in MY iPhone.
Do note the spelling old bean! ;-)
Old December 2nd 19, 08:25 AM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
David[_22_]

Default A public apology (was - Resurrecting a jpeg?)

On 01/12/2019 23:42, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sun, 01 Dec 2019 23:10:12 -0000, David wrote:

On 01/12/2019 18:37, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sun, 01 Dec 2019 17:50:48 -0000, David wrote:

On 30/11/2019 22:07, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 20:21:49 -0000, David
wrote:

OK - you win! :-)

*IF* you bought a CD, though, the artist WOULD get a proportion of
what
you paid for it.

So you've never even copied cassettes or CDs around friends
locally?* Or
copied off a radio?* Everyone did that.* Torrents are just that
worldwide.

If "everyone did that" then I accept that I must have done too.

Presumably you know enough about the English language to realise that I
meant "pretty much everyone".* So if you didn't, you are very odd.

Odd I am, that's for sure! :-)

IIRC, I used to tape music played on Radio Luxembourg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Luxembourg

That was in the days of Horace Bachelor!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydQ8I-qLH4o

AND that was way before you were born! AND before 'Cassette Tapes' had
even been invented! ;-)

I had a second-hand reel-to-reel tape recorder and I modified my radio
to feed a signal directly into the recorder without using a microphone.
Was that illegal? It was for personal use only! ;-)

The same goes for almost everyone using piratebay....

You didn't pay for your music!* Hypocrite!

Ha! :-D Children can't be expected to know and obey the law!

I can't recall the last time I paid for any music. It seems to be
everywhere nowadays - Spotify is magic; I don't mind the ads!

How the **** can you stand ads?* I remove them from everywhere
possible.* And any website that prohibits me using an ad-blocker
does
not
get my custom.

I must confess - I don't actually listen to much music nowadays.
Mrs B.
has somehow downloaded a selection of tracks from Spotify and put
into
different folders depending on type of music - and NONE of the ads
are
present!

Perhaps she used a highly illegal ad remover?* Depriving the artist of
ad revenue!!* I do that on Youtube, not sure if I'm fiddling
Youtube or
the guy who uploaded the video.

I've now had a chance to liaise with my other half. It appears that I
completely misunderstood the situation.

There are, indeed, different folders containing batches of music tracks
which Mrs B. has preprepared for her personal enjoyment. Although I
have
never noticed same, it transpires that there *ARE* adverts which play
from time to time - but they are not transmitted between each and every
track. Mrs B. says maybe three instances every half an hour or so.

So, my apology for misleading the folk who read these groups. I am
sorry. It was unintentional.

Yours sincerely,

David B.

Er....why are you apologizing for such a tiny error?* That would be like
me apologizing for missing out a comma.

Maybe you will understand if you read the answers he-

http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=157524089900

Maybe you'd like to respond - expressing YOUR views?

I agree that there should be a statute of limitations.* Although the UK
doesn't seem to have that.

I thought you agreed that a murderer is a murderer FOR LIFE!

But it's ****ing ridiculous that he wasn't done for it at the time.

He'd have suffered much less stress if he HAD been punished formally. He
STILL doesn't seem to accept that what he did - as an ADULT, not as a
child - was just, plain and simply, *WRONG*!

=

I had hoped that you'd have responded to Wolffan - he doesn't seem to
know right from wrong either. :-(
Old December 2nd 19, 11:50 AM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Shadow

On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 08:25:08 +0000, David
wrote:

On 01/12/2019 23:42, Commander Kinsey wrote:

You didn't pay for your music!* Hypocrite!

Ha! :-D Children can't be expected to know and obey the law!

So that's your excuse? "Mrs.B." is a "child"?
Good luck on that.

I agree that there should be a statute of limitations.* Although the UK
doesn't seem to have that.

I thought you agreed that a murderer is a murderer FOR LIFE!

There is no "statute of limitations" (it's called something
else in the UK) for MURDER. Lucky for you, there is for child neglect.

But it's ****ing ridiculous that he wasn't done for it at the time.

He'd have suffered much less stress if he HAD been punished formally. He
STILL doesn't seem to accept that what he did - as an ADULT, not as a
child - was just, plain and simply, *WRONG*!

And yet, with all the FACTS you had, you chose to BLACKMAIL
him into hacking into PRIVATE servers (which he refused to do) and let
the crime prescribe.
BLACKMAIL is "just, plain and simply, *WRONG*!"

---------------
BD: I want people to "get to know me better. I have nothing to
hide".
I'm always here to help, this page was put up at BD's request,
rather, he said "Do it *NOW*!":

http://tekrider.net/pages/david-brooks-stalker.php

63 confirmed #FAKE_NYMS, most used in cybercrimes!
Google "David Brooks Devon"
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Old December 2nd 19, 12:41 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article op.0b477ps3wdg98l@glass, Commander Kinsey
wrote:

Can you get a brand new Iphone for £50? I can. But it's not made by Apple.

then it's not an iphone.

it's an android phone that looks like an iphone, to fool the stupid,
which it clearly has done.
Old December 2nd 19, 08:18 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

Commander Kinsey wrote:
[...]

£1200 for a phone, ROTFPMSL! One born every minute. My £50 vkworld phone does everything.

I'm a firm believer in the saying "You get what you pay for"! It's only
a few weeks since I paid Apple £45 to replace the battery in MY iPhone.

Er.... you can't replace your own battery?! Do you get a mechanic to empty your ashtray in the car too?

Do note the spelling old bean! ;-)

They're both spelt the same, and I prefer the other site.
Old December 2nd 19, 08:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

Commander Kinsey wrote:
Why on earth do I have to have the first part? Think back to modem
days, viewing a large image in a web browser, it would display it bit
by bit as it downloaded. Surely if you only have the second half,
you'd just get the top bit of the image missing? Ok, so you don't
have the header to tell it what width to use, but surely the user
could input that data, or adjust until it looked right?

The big problem is the result of the compression algo. You don't really
have 'part of the picture'. You have a bunch of bits that resulted from
the compression of part of the picture. jpeg/s can be compressed
various ways.

Could YOU extract a picture from a Torrent, Mike?

DAVID! Torrents are highly illegal :-)

No they aren't.

I know, but David thinks they are.
Old December 2nd 19, 08:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

Commander Kinsey wrote:
[...]

Then it's not an iPhone is it.

And a Skoda isn't a VW. But it's basically the same.
Old December 2nd 19, 08:22 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

wrote:

[...]

Not what pigs told me when I were a lad....

[...]

I might continue to hate that person. But the law should not. The law should punish someone for a crime within say 2 years. If they don't catch them by then, they get away with it. If they are caught, then they've paid the price and the naughtiness is wiped clean.

But it's ****ing ridiculous that he wasn't done for it at the time.

He'd have suffered much less stress if he HAD been punished formally. He
STILL doesn't seem to accept that what he did - as an ADULT, not as a
child - was just, plain and simply, *WRONG*!

It is very weird that he keeps saying viruses are ok.

I had hoped that you'd have responded to Wolffan - he doesn't seem to
know right from wrong either. :-(

I don't recall any wolffan posts, maybe he's killfiled, or replying to someone who is.
Old December 2nd 19, 08:23 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article op.0b6tcgf0wdg98l@glass, Commander Kinsey
wrote:

I have never heard of "Stormfront". I buy all goods apart from food
from Ebay. Can you get a brand new Iphone for £50? I can. But it's
not made by Apple.

Now that you *DO* know about it, have you got the navigation skills to
*FIND* it?!!!

£1200 for a phone, ROTFPMSL!

some android phones cost more. so what?

there are also less expensive models.

One born every minute. My £50 vkworld phone
does everything.

no, it very definitely doesn't.

I'm a firm believer in the saying "You get what you pay for"! It's only
a few weeks since I paid Apple £45 to replace the battery in MY iPhone.

Er.... you can't replace your own battery?! Do you get a mechanic to empty
your ashtray in the car too?

the battery is rated to outlast the useful life of the phone, so it
almost certainly will not need to be replaced, but in the event it
does, it can easily be replaced with a screwdriver. no big deal.

plenty of android phones work the same way.