WAKING UP WITH THE FABULOUS 40D !

Old September 20th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
just bob

Default WAKING UP WITH THE FABULOUS 40D !

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 20, 11:40 am, "just bob" kilbyfan@aoldotcom wrote:

Seems like only yesterday you got your 20D...

3 years and 3 days, but who's counting?

Nicely done. That's the way to do it. I had been fairly stable with a 1D
from 2003 until 2006 and then last fall I tried the 400D, then a 5D and then
settled on a 1D2N, until last month when I tried a 1DM3 for a couple weeks
before deciding for me it was too much money/not enough camera. My N is fine
but I'm doing less sports so I'm thinking of going back to the 5D or trying
a 40D.

I'm glad to see a happy 40D user and look forward to another 3 years of
surprises from you.

Old September 20th 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Ali[_3_]

Good photos Bret, however is it just me or is the second photo quite noisy?

"Annika1980" wrote in message
oups.com...
Nothing like waking up in the morning with a
brand new camera and a nice hummer!

Old September 20th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Mick Brown

Annika1980 wrote in news:1190298106.622050.181330
@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Nothing like waking up in the morning with a
brand new camera and a nice hummer!

Hi Brett,

I know I can say this to you as you take critiques well :-)

Is it me or is his/her chest a little blown? It may be my screen.

Mick Brown
Old September 21st 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Annika1980 wrote:
Nothing like waking up in the morning with a
brand new camera and a nice hummer!

Great phots. Congrats on the new camera.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old September 21st 07, 01:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Juan R. Pollo

How many shots before you could get the wings up like that? Were you
shooting in rapid mode or were you just incredibly lucky?

Juan R. Pollo

Old September 21st 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Pete Stavrakoglou

"Annika1980" wrote in message
oups.com...
Nothing like waking up in the morning with a
brand new camera and a nice hummer!

Nice shots. Congrats on the new truck and camera. Which do you like
better? How many times have you seen a hummingbird stationary like
that? I can count the number of times I've even seen a hummingbird on
one hand but when I did, they wouldn't sit still like that for one
second.

Old September 21st 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

On Sep 20, 10:38 am, JimKramer wrote:
Can we see some full res crops please.
Jim

Well, since you said please.
Here's a full size crop from the second pic:

Old September 21st 07, 03:09 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

On Sep 20, 9:52 pm, "Pete Stavrakoglou" wrote:

Nice shots. Congrats on the new truck and camera. Which do you like
better?

The camera. It didn't cost me as much.

How many times have you seen a hummingbird stationary like
that?

Every day. Hummers are very territorial. They will sit on a perch or
a limb and wait for another hummer and then they'll swoop down and
terrorize the intruder. Sometimes when I get bored I'll toss an ice
cube at the hummer sitting on a branch. The cube will only miss him
by inches, but the hummer doesn't even flinch. Those suckers must
have radar like a bat.

Old September 21st 07, 03:10 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

On Sep 20, 6:04 pm, Mick Brown wrote:

Hi Brett,

I know I can say this to you as you take critiques well :-)

Is it me or is his/her chest a little blown? It may be my screen.

Don't make me sue you, you STALKER!

Almost blown, but not quite.