[SI] Ugly America comments

Old March 28th 05, 03:51 PM
Paul Bielec

Default [SI] Ugly America comments

I must say that I'm a little disapointed with the pictures that were
submitted. I found that, although it is fairly easy to meet the mandate,
it is quiet hard to come up with a striking original shot.
I came up with the same idea as Bowser and Alan.
I thought about shooting a huge SUV with Walmart in the background.
At the end, I didn't find anything ugly enough that wasn't a cliche.
I think that Ken's shot is the one I like the most. I find it striking
because it's something you would never see in Canada.
Old March 28th 05, 04:42 PM
Alan Browne

Paul Bielec wrote:

I think that Ken's shot is the one I like the most. I find it striking
because it's something you would never see in Canada.

It's coming.

Old March 28th 05, 04:42 PM
Alan Browne

Old March 28th 05, 05:31 PM
Paul Bielec

Alan Browne wrote:
Paul Bielec wrote:

I think that Ken's shot is the one I like the most. I find it striking
because it's something you would never see in Canada.

It's coming.

I know. Highschool was really different 15 years ago.
Still lucky that firearms are not as easily available as in the US.

Old March 28th 05, 06:24 PM
ian lincoln

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
.. .
Paul Bielec wrote:

I think that Ken's shot is the one I like the most. I find it striking
because it's something you would never see in Canada.

It's coming.

Hey Al, great noiseless reds and sharp and clear. How much luck printing
those vivid colours on an inkjet? p.s put your scanner on ebay yet?

Old March 28th 05, 06:43 PM
Ken Tough

Paul Bielec wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
Paul Bielec wrote:
I think that Ken's shot is the one I like the most. I find it striking
because it's something you would never see in Canada.

It's coming.

I know. Highschool was really different 15 years ago.
Still lucky that firearms are not as easily available as in the US.

Thanks for the nice comments, Paul.

You guys are not filling me with enthusiasm about our future move from
S.Africa to Canada [after 15 years overseas]. When our son needs to go
to school, I hope we can live in a place like rural UK where I lived
10 yrs, and the school can have 100 pupils.

Meanwhile, I don't think the depth of "wealth apartheid" that still
exists here will ever come to Canada, though I feel the invisible
apartheid of Canada's First Nations people is even more insidious
than the one existing in this country.

--
Ken Tough
South Africa

Old March 28th 05, 06:46 PM
Doug Payne

On 28/03/2005 9:51 AM, Paul Bielec wrote:

I think that Ken's shot is the one I like the most. I find it striking
because it's something you would never see in Canada.

There's at least one scene similar to that in Toronto, although I no
longer remember where.