Kodak 4742 not printing

Old January 26th 04, 03:49 PM
Gary

Default Kodak 4742 not printing

I apologize if this is off topic for this NG.

I have a Kodak 4742 large format printer that was printing fine one
minute and then printed absolutely nothing the next.

I printed a test page from Autocad and when I saw that everything was
working fine, I stopped the job using "reset". I do those exact steps
before every print job to both prime the printer and to make sure
everything is setup correctly in Autocad.

Five minutes later I attempted to print again. The heads were moving
along the carraige as if it was printing but absolutely no ink was
coming out.

There is ink in all wells of all colors and ink does come out of the
heads when I use the vacuum. All color tests and priming will not
print anything with the exception of one, the color test.

The Color Test under the Diagnostics Menu will print only if I have it
set to 100% and it will print all colors at the same quality. If I set
it to any of the other settings (10% through 75%) it will print
absolutely nothing. At 100% the begining stroke is faded and the end
stroke is not all that great either.

Nothing has been done to the printer from the time it worked to the
time it stopped working. I have reverted back to the factory settings
and still no change.

Any clue as to what the problem might be?

Old January 26th 04, 08:43 PM
Tom

Looks like the term "large-format" is evolving. I see a lot of digital types
using it to mean "big-prints". Maybe the group name needs to be changed to
"sheet-film". Oh well, such is life in cyberspace.

Old January 26th 04, 09:05 PM
Nicholas O. Lindan

"Tom" tom@localhost wrote

Looks like the term "large-format" is evolving. I see a lot of digital types
using it to mean "big-prints".

Identity theft, that's what it is!

The example that gets my goat is 'technology': it used to mean
Engineering and Applied Physics. Now it is the new name for
accounting software and the mark-up language for a whoop-de-do
Sears catalog.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio