The morning strut and the search for dinner

Old September 17th 04, 10:27 PM
jimkramer

"jimkramer" wrote in message
"jjs" wrote in message
"jimkramer" wrote in message
"jjs" wrote in message
jimkramer wrote:

http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/TriHeron1.htm

Bit by autofocus bug.

http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/BlueHeron1.htm

And again, but with possible camera motion added in.

Close, but no commission.

Curious: did you look at the full size images?

I did, Jim. Granted that long-lens work is very touchy, very difficult.
That said, a little unsharp-mask on 'Strutting' would finesse it
beautifully. I am going to try to contact you via private mail. I know a
possible buyer for 'Strutting' if you are interested.

Definately interested in selling. Several other similar shots if that one
doesn't work.

Thanks,
Jim

Others now posted at:

http://www.lookbefore.wading-in.net/Herons/Herons1.htm

Jim Kramer

Old September 19th 04, 07:47 AM
Mark M

"jimkramer" wrote in message

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
jimkramer wrote:

The morning strut:
http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/TriHeron1.htm

The search for dinner:
http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/BlueHeron1.htm

Playing golf a couple weeks ago there was a young heron in one of
the ponds. Quite shy ... as we came along he distanced himself
while keeping an eye on us. I've never been able to approach a
heron by better than about 50 feet... and neverhad a camera when
I did....

Cheers,
Alan

The tri-colored was from about 30 feet and the blue less than 20; the blue
was preoccupied with dinner and I was knee deep in water.

If you are in or across the water from them, you are much less of a

threat.
Move slowly, do not make direct eye contact, turn your head to the side so
only one eye is visible; only predators have two eyes on the front of

their
face. Approach them tangentially. The longer you do nothing the more
accepting they will be.

But now you see why I want the 100-400mm IS lens ;-)

You wanna buy mine?
It's in perfect shape--especially since it is a new replacement for the one
that was stolen from my car.
I think you're a wee bit far away, but let me know.

I'm wanting to save for a 400 2.8 IS, and haven't been carrying my 100-400
lately.
-Mark

Old September 19th 04, 08:01 AM
Mark M

"jimkramer" wrote in message
The tri-colored was from about 30 feet and the blue less than 20; the blue
was preoccupied with dinner and I was knee deep in water.

If you are in or across the water from them, you are much less of a

threat.
Move slowly, do not make direct eye contact, turn your head to the side so
only one eye is visible; only predators have two eyes on the front of

their
face. Approach them tangentially. The longer you do nothing the more
accepting they will be.

But now you see why I want the 100-400mm IS lens ;-)

If the Corgi show ever finishes uploading I'll post some stork pictures

too.

You wouldn't happen to know what birdie this guy is, would you?
Light was very low, and it was hand-held (a bit blurry), but OK...
This was in Wyoming...
http://www.sendpix.com/albums/04091823/phbk4iqm9s/
(Click thumb, then click image again for larger)
-Mark

Old September 19th 04, 10:29 AM
jimkramer

"Mark M" wrote in message

[...]