The eventual end of crappy lithium batteries?

Old October 14th 09, 10:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
D. Peter Maus

Default The eventual end of crappy lithium batteries?

On 10/14/09 16:12 , Alan Browne wrote:
D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 10/14/09 15:31 , Alan Browne wrote:

Search the web. Easy enough to find. See Duke Energy 2008. See South
Texas Project. See Vogtle. See So. Carolina E&G. TVA. Unistar. And so
many more. Just because some states are slow, doesn't mean they all are.

Again, your presumptions, here, are false.

Not presumptions. Facts.

No, Alan. Your presumptions are that you're the only one
informed, here. And that you are needed to point out facts, and
their availability.

What an arrogance. You must have been in Radio Sales.

I don't get my information from the papers, or the news. Or the
commercially directed entries on Google.

I've read the sources on the web. Most of them are quite amusing.
I've also read the legislative records. States, and the Congress.
I've had direct personal conversations with many state legislators
as well as Congresspersons. I even got an hour with the late Paul
Simon, most of which was on this very subject. And I did most of my
college theses on nuclear power installations and power generation.

One of my clients is Exelon. I worked closely with and
represented the Southestern power grid for 15 years. I was the
spokesperson for 24 separate power companies in Texas, Louisiana,
Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia Florida and the Carolinas.
to name a few. I still work with 6 of the larger ones.

As I said earlier this week, you are a pompous bigoted ass.

And I repeat: your presumptions are false.

It might be time for YOU to close your Google page, and do some
reading.

PS: You may wish to listen at least as much as you speak.

Old October 14th 09, 10:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 10/14/09 15:31 , Alan Browne wrote:

I _really_ suggest you begin some serious reading on the subject.

I would suggest you do the same. Starting with this thread. You seem
to have missed the key point that you and I are in agreement on many
of these points.

But not those that count. For example the 26 US reactors under license
process, some backed by US Fed loan guarantees. You don't seem to like
that ... inconvenient truth.

And your assertions regarding US Navy nuke operations as an example to
civil operations are just plain ... naive.

Well, thank God, we have you to point that out.

Don't thank Him. I'm sure a lot of people have pointed that out a
million times before without divine aid.

Your presumpions, here, are false.

DAMN. WTF does it take, Brother.

It takes you to go read.

Again, your presumptions, here, are false.

Doh! You're right!!! It's not 26 but 34 units under license review.
(This includes a previously abandoned project that is being re-started
and it is sched to be online in 2013).

Sorry for the error.
Old October 14th 09, 10:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

D. Peter Maus wrote:
[...]

And you:

http://www.nrc.gov/reactors/new-reactors/col.html
http://www.nrc.gov/reactors/new-reactors/esp.html
http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/in...lications.html
and
http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf41.html

the later summarizes all official US commercial nuclear new plant
applications and their status. (Midway down the page).

So, what's false now?
Old October 16th 09, 12:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Kennedy McEwen

In article , D. Peter Maus
writes
I've had direct personal conversations with many state legislators as
well as Congresspersons. I even got an hour with the late Paul Simon,
most of which was on this very subject.

Gulp! I know Kodachrome is dead but when did Julio's schoolyard friend
pass on? ;-)

(just getting it back on topic folks)

--
Kennedy
Old October 16th 09, 01:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_4_]

On 2009-10-15 16:25:40 -0700, Kennedy McEwen said:

In article , D. Peter Maus
writes
I've had direct personal conversations with many state legislators as
well as Congresspersons. I even got an hour with the late Paul Simon,
most of which was on this very subject.

Gulp! I know Kodachrome is dead but when did Julio's schoolyard friend
pass on? ;-)

(just getting it back on topic folks)

Different Paul Simon;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Simon_(politician)

Savageduck

Old October 17th 09, 12:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Kennedy McEwen

In article 2009101517210731729-savageduck@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
writes
On 2009-10-15 16:25:40 -0700, Kennedy McEwen said:

In article , D. Peter Maus
writes
I've had direct personal conversations with many state legislators
as well as Congresspersons. I even got an hour with the late Paul
Simon, most of which was on this very subject.

Gulp! I know Kodachrome is dead but when did Julio's schoolyard
friend pass on? ;-)
(just getting it back on topic folks)

Different Paul Simon;

Guess what that whooshing sound was you just heard.
--
Kennedy
Old October 17th 09, 08:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2009-10-15 16:25:40 -0700, Kennedy McEwen said:

In article , D. Peter Maus
writes
I've had direct personal conversations with many state legislators
as well as Congresspersons. I even got an hour with the late Paul
Simon, most of which was on this very subject.
Gulp! I know Kodachrome is dead but when did Julio's schoolyard
friend pass on? ;-)
(just getting it back on topic folks)
Different Paul Simon;

Guess what that whooshing sound was you just heard.

Is that what Ross Perot was talking about?

Funny how Peter hasn't answered about the list referring to licensing
status. Maybe he's not been in the ng of late.
Old October 18th 09, 12:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Kennedy McEwen

In article , John A.
writes

On 2009-10-15 16:25:40 -0700, Kennedy McEwen said:

In article , D. Peter Maus
writes
I've had direct personal conversations with many state legislators
as well as Congresspersons. I even got an hour with the late Paul
Simon, most of which was on this very subject.
Gulp! I know Kodachrome is dead but when did Julio's schoolyard
friend pass on? ;-)
(just getting it back on topic folks)

Different Paul Simon;

Guess what that whooshing sound was you just heard.

Is that what Ross Perot was talking about?

You do know there is a whole world outside of US schoolyard politics.
Don't you?
--
Kennedy
Old October 19th 09, 02:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
John A.[_2_]

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 00:31:32 +0100, Kennedy McEwen
wrote:

In article , John A.
writes

On 2009-10-15 16:25:40 -0700, Kennedy McEwen said:

In article , D. Peter Maus
writes
I've had direct personal conversations with many state legislators
as well as Congresspersons. I even got an hour with the late Paul
Simon, most of which was on this very subject.
Gulp! I know Kodachrome is dead but when did Julio's schoolyard
friend pass on? ;-)
(just getting it back on topic folks)

Different Paul Simon;

Guess what that whooshing sound was you just heard.

Is that what Ross Perot was talking about?

You do know there is a whole world outside of US schoolyard politics.
Don't you?

One joke at a time, my friend.