Top tips

Old November 23rd 06, 05:37 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,uk.rec.photo.misc
Steve B

Default Top tips

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message
ink.net...
"ASAAR" wrote

I'm sure that you and I are excellent photographers, but what of
the rabble, you ask? Well, they're merely pedestrian footographers.

My parents' once made a two hour video of walking around Paris,
showing just their feet and the sidewalk, interspersed with the
voices of my mother telling my father that he had left the camera
on and my father replying that he had not.

Sounds like a snippet would make "America's Funniest Home Videos."

Steve

Old November 23rd 06, 06:04 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,uk.rec.photo.misc
Pudentame

ASAAR wrote:
On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 19:11:39 -0800, Frank ess wrote:

chance of making impactful images; no doubt that a blind pig will
find an egg-corn once in a while.
acorn.

http://tinyurl.com/y3jruo

ask me again ...

Ok. Your URL generated a google link to:

An eggcorn is a neologism suggested by Mark Liberman to denote
an idiosyncratic substitution of a word or phrase for a word or words
that sound identical, or nearly so, at least in the dialect the speaker
uses. Characteristic of the eggcorn, and its chief difference from
malapropism, is that the new phrase makes sense on some level
("old-timer's disease" for "Alzheimer's disease"). Eggcorns often involve
replacing an unfamiliar, archaic, or obscure word with a more common
or modern word ("baited breath" for "bated breath").

http://www.answers.com/topic/eggcorn

The question is, are you proud of, or are you willing to take
responsibility for legitimizing the use of the oft derided "baited
breath"? If so, we may be able to breathe a little easier.

Sounds fishy to me.
Old November 23rd 06, 07:43 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,uk.rec.photo.misc
ASAAR

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 16:51:28 GMT, Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:

I'm sure that you and I are excellent photographers, but what of
the rabble, you ask? Well, they're merely pedestrian footographers.

My parents' once made a two hour video of walking around Paris,
showing just their feet and the sidewalk, interspersed with the
voices of my mother telling my father that he had left the camera
on and my father replying that he had not.

g It's one thing for him to have put his foot in his mouth, and
quite another to have captured the proof of it on video. Did he
save the tape or (conveniently) reuse it?

Old November 23rd 06, 07:50 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,uk.rec.photo.misc
Liz Leyden

In message . net
"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote:

"ASAAR" wrote

I'm sure that you and I are excellent photographers, but what of
the rabble, you ask? Well, they're merely pedestrian footographers.

My parents' once made a two hour video of walking around Paris,
showing just their feet and the sidewalk, interspersed with the
voices of my mother telling my father that he had left the camera
on and my father replying that he had not.

Too post-modern for me, I'm afraid. ;-(

Slainte

Liz

--
http://www.v-liz.com - Kenya; Tanzania; Namibia; India; Galapagos
Photo Gallery:

Old November 23rd 06, 11:31 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,uk.rec.photo.misc
Nicholas O. Lindan

"Liz Leyden" wrote
"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote:
My parents' once made a two hour video of walking around Paris,
showing just their feet and the sidewalk, interspersed with the
voices of my mother telling my father that he had left the camera
on and my father replying that he had not.

Too post-modern for me, I'm afraid. ;-(

They didn't do it on purpose, they were in their 80's, so
it wasn't post-modern but classical.

My father was quite excited that he had made a two hour
video of Paris...

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
http://www.nolindan.com/da/index.htm

Old November 25th 06, 05:42 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,uk.rec.photo.misc
Johnboy

"Steve B" wrote in message

I read something like "Good judgement comes from experience. And most
experience comes from bad judgement."

I like that!

Old November 26th 06, 06:00 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,uk.rec.photo.misc
John McWilliams

Steve B wrote:
"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message
ink.net...
"ASAAR" wrote

I'm sure that you and I are excellent photographers, but what of
the rabble, you ask? Well, they're merely pedestrian footographers.

My parents' once made a two hour video of walking around Paris,
showing just their feet and the sidewalk, interspersed with the
voices of my mother telling my father that he had left the camera
on and my father replying that he had not.

Sounds like a snippet would make "America's Funniest Home Videos."

Or part of the credit card add that ends in "priceless"....

--
john mcwilliams

Top tips Kev Digital Photography 92 November 26th 06 06:00 PM
Top tips Kev Digital Photography 124 November 26th 06 01:52 PM
Top tips Kev 35mm Photo Equipment 116 November 26th 06 01:52 PM
10 tips on shooting pictures without viefinder Marek \Wayfarer\ Digital Point & Shoot Cameras 2 April 12th 06 02:44 PM
Restaurant/food promo photography - any tips? Lionel General Photography Techniques 1 May 28th 04 09:20 AM