20D as movie camera?

Old April 25th 05, 03:01 AM
Skip M

Default 20D as movie camera?

A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...

http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old April 25th 05, 05:02 AM
C Wright

On 4/24/05 9:01 PM, in article AbYae.69535$lz2.58086@fed1read07, "Skip M"
wrote:

A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...

http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html

Thanks for the link - a really novel and interesting idea! That certainly
was a *lot* of 20D exposures. Those clicking on the link should be
forewarned that a fast connection helps a lot.
Chuck

Old April 25th 05, 06:49 AM
Slack

Skip M wrote:

A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...

http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html

Yes, very cool
--
Slack
Old April 25th 05, 07:38 AM
David J Taylor

Skip M wrote:
A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool
concept...
http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html

Warning - loud noise on Web site and extra Quicktime plug in stated to be
required.

David

Old April 25th 05, 01:48 PM
Roxy d'Urban

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 19:01:07 -0700, Skip M wrote:

A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...

http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html

HAd all sorts of problems with Quiktime plug-ins in IE. Corrupted files
during download, etc.

Must be a Canon thing. :-)

--
Be careful what you wish for.
Old April 25th 05, 02:30 PM
Darrell

. ..
wrote:

A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...

http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html

Thanks for the link - a really novel and interesting idea! That certainly
was a *lot* of 20D exposures. Those clicking on the link should be
forewarned that a fast connection helps a lot.
Chuck

I would assume he was using a notebook and remote assistant type software to
get around the buffer problems.

Old April 25th 05, 03:01 PM
leo

Darrell wrote:
. ..

wrote:

A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...

http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html

Thanks for the link - a really novel and interesting idea! That certainly
was a *lot* of 20D exposures. Those clicking on the link should be
forewarned that a fast connection helps a lot.
Chuck

I would assume he was using a notebook and remote assistant type software to
get around the buffer problems.

How about using small JPG? The buffer might be sufficient. I personally
would just use my Elura camcorder in progressive mode to fake it or
better yet a S2.
Old April 25th 05, 03:26 PM
Alan Browne

Skip M wrote:

A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...

http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html

Well done, though the sound track is irritating as hell.

-- slr-systems FAQ project: http://tinyurl.com/6m9aw
-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old April 26th 05, 02:07 AM
Skip M

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
Skip M wrote:

A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...

http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html

Well done, though the sound track is irritating as hell.

Yeah, I just turned the sound down. A motor drive sound track is sort of
irrelevant, isn't it?