Nikon D70 with PB-5 Bellows and Nikkor 55mm Micro-Auto-P pre-AI lens (converted)

Old March 29th 05, 05:43 AM
Matt Clara

Default Nikon D70 with PB-5 Bellows and Nikkor 55mm Micro-Auto-P pre-AI lens (converted)

Works a trick!
http://www.mattclara.com/misc/D70/D70_PB5_Bellows.html

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old March 30th 05, 03:22 AM
Sheldon

"Matt Clara" wrote in message
Works a trick!
http://www.mattclara.com/misc/D70/D70_PB5_Bellows.html

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

I have the same lens and bellows, and would like to do some of this myself.
I've only played with the lens so far on my D70 (without the bellows) and
it's too bad you couldn't get a bit more depth of field. Otherwise, very
nice work, and very nice detail. I'm on the lookout for that "perfect"
spider shot. The one where the spider is just sitting in the middle of a
perfect web with a few drops of dew on it.

Curious if these are RAW images?

Old March 30th 05, 04:45 AM
Alan Browne

Sheldon wrote:

nice work, and very nice detail. I'm on the lookout for that "perfect"
spider shot. The one where the spider is just sitting in the middle of a
perfect web with a few drops of dew on it.

I would hazzard the guess that 99% of spider web shots with "dew" had
the dew applied with a spray bottle. That's not criticism.

Get that web in cross light with a dark background and you are cooking.

Cheers,
Alan.

Old March 30th 05, 06:28 AM
Crownfield

Sheldon wrote:

"Matt Clara" wrote in message
Works a trick!
http://www.mattclara.com/misc/D70/D70_PB5_Bellows.html

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

I have the same lens and bellows, and would like to do some of this myself.
I've only played with the lens so far on my D70 (without the bellows)

WARNING:

D70 of course does not like dust.
Bellows can get full of dust.
take the time to really clean it.

I keep mine in a ziplock baggie.
same for extension rings.

Old March 30th 05, 07:49 PM
Ken Palmateer

Actually, for those dewy shots, all you have to do is get up at the
crack of dawn after any windless starry night, get to the nearest
field, and you'll find all the dewy webs you could ask for. Ken

Old March 30th 05, 09:24 PM
Frank ess

Sheldon wrote:

nice work, and very nice detail. I'm on the lookout for that
"perfect" spider shot. The one where the spider is just sitting in
the middle of a perfect web with a few drops of dew on it.

I would hazzard the guess that 99% of spider web shots with "dew"
had
the dew applied with a spray bottle. That's not criticism.

Get that web in cross light with a dark background and you are
cooking.

If you decide to use flash, be sure to remove that giant lens shade
http://www.fototime.com/15B1282FE4D7895/orig.jpg

Daylight
http://www.fototime.com/8148199AAF2F454/orig.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/D43E12484561189/orig.jpg