Problem transferring pictures

Old July 16th 04, 04:28 AM
Cathy De Viney

Default Problem transferring pictures

What operating systerm do you use? Win 98?

Go to www.kodak.com and get the latest version of the software and check for
patches, etc.

"Diane M" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have a new Kodak 6440 with a printer dock. It prints fine, but I
can't transfer the pictures to my computer using the dock. The green
light flashes, which means it's transferring, but my computer doesn't
recognize the process. I have installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled
the software. I installed the printer dock to the computer with the
proper cable, so what could be wrong?

Diane M

Old July 16th 04, 12:44 PM
William Jackson

Diane

a couple of things:

First, what OS? What EasyShare version? That'll help us debug this

Step1: when you push the button on the dock, if the DRIVER software is
working properly, you should see a small box in the lower right hand corner
that announces the camera has been plugged in. Do you see that? If not,
try this: Turn off the camera, take the USB cable from the PD and plug it
into the camera, turn the camera back on. Does it work now?

Step2: Once you've passed getting the driver working, if the MOUNTER
software is working properly, you should see the camera show up as a drive
in "My computer" in Windows. Does it? If not, are your running a
"selective startup" and have disabled the Kodak digital camera mounter
software (in previous versions it was called DCFSSVC (DC File System
Service)

Step 3: if both of the above are working, is EasyShare running in the "Tray"
(the list of stuff in the task bar at the bottom of the screen you should
see a Kodak icon somewhere to the left of the clock) If it's there and
things didn't automatically transfer, can you right click on that logo and
select "transfer now" and tell me what happens?

It's likelly that either the driver is not working properly or the moutner
is not working properly. We've seen VERY few times when those are running
and the ES Software doesn't pick up the plug event and do it's thing.

If

Old July 17th 04, 06:50 AM
stewy

"Diane M" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have a new Kodak 6440 with a printer dock. It prints fine, but I
can't transfer the pictures to my computer using the dock. The green
light flashes, which means it's transferring, but my computer doesn't
recognize the process. I have installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled
the software. I installed the printer dock to the computer with the
proper cable, so what could be wrong?

If the transfer device is USB2 and your PC is only USB1, this could be the
problem.

Go into My Computer and open up the 'Removable Drive' icon and see what's
happening.

If you're using a Mac with OSX, iPhoto may be capturing them.