Choosing between Kiev 60 and Kiev 88

Old February 19th 05, 11:24 AM
s crinks

Stacey wrote:
Q.G. de Bakker wrote:

Stacey wrote:

[...] Get rid of the 88 while it still works!!! [...]

I wouldn't offer ANYTHING for the 88.

That would imply the only ethical way of "getting rid" of the "88" would
be to toss it in the bin.

Why? People buy french cars and I'd advise the same thing.

Or is this a suggestion to sell it on to someone not as knowledgeable
about these "88"s? Find a "sucker"?

Yes, now you got the idea..

Does this advice also apply to the 88CM ?

Simon.
Old February 20th 05, 12:49 AM
Stacey

s crinks wrote:

Stacey wrote:
Q.G. de Bakker wrote:

Stacey wrote:

[...] Get rid of the 88 while it still works!!! [...]

I wouldn't offer ANYTHING for the 88.

That would imply the only ethical way of "getting rid" of the "88" would
be to toss it in the bin.

Why? People buy french cars and I'd advise the same thing.

Or is this a suggestion to sell it on to someone not as knowledgeable
about these "88"s? Find a "sucker"?

Yes, now you got the idea..

Does this advice also apply to the 88CM ?

Yep. Same camera, just a different lens mount. The main problem is the
crappy kiev film backs. They jam/bind which kills the camera when you
"force" it to try to wind. Also the cloth curtains used on the CM are a BAD
idea, causes shutter banding. I had an 88 (actually was called a 1006M)
which used 'blad backs (made by Hartblei, NOT the current ones being sold
as such) and it worked fine. Unfortunatly those are HARD to find.

--

Stacey
Old February 20th 05, 12:52 AM
Stacey

Q.G. de Bakker wrote:

Stacey wrote:

Yes, now you got the idea..

These things appear to bring out the best in people.
Cheapness...
Envy...
Fraud..

So owning a blad turns someone into a total jerk?
--

Stacey
Old February 20th 05, 12:20 PM
Q.G. de Bakker

Stacey wrote:

So owning a blad turns someone into a total jerk?

If a jerk is someone who doesn't advocate selling on junk to unwitting
victims, "suckers", yes.

What, would you say, is the 'technical term' for someone who does?

Old February 21st 05, 05:41 AM
Stacey

Q.G. de Bakker wrote:

Stacey wrote:

So owning a blad turns someone into a total jerk?

If a jerk is someone who doesn't advocate selling on junk to unwitting
victims, "suckers", yes.

I never said "sell a broken camera as a working one" etc as you are
implying. If someone is too lazy to do even the tinyest bit of research to
see what they are getting into, whose fault is that? I KNEW the kievs were
unreliable yet I still bought one. Should I blame the person who sold it to
me?

You =are= acting like a jerk here so again, does owning a blad turn people
into jerks? Or were you one before you bought it?

--

Stacey
Old February 21st 05, 04:35 PM
Q.G. de Bakker

Stacey wrote:

[...]

Q: Find a "sucker"?
A: Yes, now you got the idea..

Pathetic, you are...

Kiev 35A Thom 35mm Photo Equipment 10 September 4th 04 03:15 AM
Building a View camera to use Hassy or Kiev backs Jim-Ed Browne Medium Format Photography Equipment 13 May 7th 04 06:40 AM
Kiev 88 Mark Wilding Medium Format Photography Equipment 10 March 10th 04 09:31 PM
Kiev 60 frame counter not working? ColdCanuck Medium Format Photography Equipment 3 February 12th 04 01:37 AM
Lask question about KIEV Stacey Medium Format Photography Equipment 3 January 31st 04 03:52 AM