Scanning slides

Old February 16th 05, 12:48 AM
Scar

Default Scanning slides

Scanning slides
Every time I try to scan slides at 1200dpi I got massage " scan failed ".
With 600dpi everything is fine.
Any idea what is wrong.

Thanks

Susanna
P4 2.8 , WinXP pro. Adobe Photo Album / Photoshop 7
Scanner : Plustek OpticPro UT12

Old February 16th 05, 09:35 PM
Scar

512 dual channel DDR400 , HD 160gb SATA

Susanna

Old February 23rd 05, 06:59 PM
RSD99

Well, that "sounds like enough," but you could try upping it to 1 GB.

Another thing to try is (1) Clean out all of your Temp subdirectories
(system, photoshop, etcetera), and (2) Defrag the Hard Disk.

Old February 23rd 05, 07:04 PM
RSD99

Oh ... BTW ... you might get a wider audience of "scanner people" if you
post in

alt.comp.periphs.scanner

or

comp.periphs.scanners

Be sure to include the *complete* information on what Operating System you
are using, and what scanner software is involved.

Old February 25th 05, 02:58 AM
Scar

Thanks a lot.

Susanna