New York photographers needed for protest pics Sept 1

Old August 29th 04, 02:23 AM
wendeebee

"Clyde Torres" wrote in message
.. .

"wendeebee" wrote in message
Well, there is the answer to my queries. I'm not missing any point, it's

all
about the Benjamins. If someone asked me to help out with my resources

raise money/awareness/****s and giggles for themselves or for a cause,

and
agreed to volunteer, I still don't get how that's a scam. Anyway, I see
where you are coming from now.
--
wendeebee
@sympatico

Wendeebee, I hate to tell you this, but we live in a world where it takes
money to make things happen. This is true in your world, too. The
communists found this out the hard way, because their end result was a

huge
poor class and a very small rich class. In a capitalist society, we have

small rich class, a huge middle class, and a small poor class. No matter
how you slice, it the world will always have a rich class and a poor

class.
The difference here is that our money based capitalist system produces a
HUGE middle class.

So I don't buy this shiite about it being about Benjamins. You are

stating
the obvious for everything we do. When you walk around your town, go to
work, entertain yourself, etc., it takes money for YOU to do it. We can

be
nice to people and do nice things for them, but it takes money to eat,
sleep, shiite and take pictures.

Clyde Torres

Buy it or don't, hon. My reality may differ from yours. Thanks for the
lecture.

--
wendeebee
@sympatico

Old August 29th 04, 02:56 AM
carl

AstroPax wrote in message . ..
On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 17:23:45 -0700, "wendeebee"
wrote:

No, not interested in yours or anybody's else's politcal bent, thanks. My
curiosity (naivete) lies in the notion of whether or not people would
actually do something without recompense. Sorry if I confused you.

Not confused in the least.

BTW, all of my photography is done for free (pro bono). I don't
charge for it, and I've never earned a single cent from it.

However, It's usually nice to know exactly what I'm getting into.

Nothing worse than some asshole (Carl) trying to get something for
nothing under false pretense. And that's exactly what he is
attempting to do.

-Astro

I asked people to volunteer to photograph some political street
theater. I said who the sponsors were (People for the American Way,
the Imagine Festival). Where is the deception? True, I did say it
wasn't anti-Republican. It isn't. It's directed at the economic
situation in this country, and thus is critical of a specific
Republican administration. It was not my goal to hide that fact
(brainiacs that you are, you picked up on that right away), I was
simply trying to convey that I was not excluding anyone from joining
this photo escapade based on their political party.

As to my getting something for nothing... Could someone please tell me
how I can profit from this project? I'd really like to know, I could
use the dough. Heck, I thought I was just volunteering as a favor to
a friend.

And for all this I get called an asshole?

Oy.
Old August 29th 04, 03:03 AM
wendeebee

"Jeremy Nixon" wrote in message
wendeebee wrote:

You see Colyn, your original response clipped all the politcal reference
out, and seemed to be responding only to the poster's plea for

assistance,
that's what I was responding to you about. I really don't care who is
throwing the event, as I have no intention of participating. I suppose I

am
just saddened that everything we do, or even say these days seems to

have a
dollar value attached to it.

The bothersome thing is the rights being requested, not the fact that they
are being requested for free. Had he said he wanted you to donate rights
for use directly by his organization for publicity or whatever, that would
be one thing -- and what the organization is needs to be specified,

because
that will be the reason people either are or are not willing to donate.

It
would be no different from donating money or volunteering to work on an
election campaign. But to ask for permanent, blanket usage rights is

absurd,
especially without being clear as to whom you are giving those rights to.

--
Jeremy |

Makes sense to me. I see the more clearly the difference between 'use' and
'rights'. Thank you.
--
wendeebee
@sympatico

Old August 29th 04, 03:06 AM
carl

ColynG© wrote in message . ..
On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 16:49:13 -0700, "wendeebee"
wrote:

A scam is being deceitful in your intentions. These people know how to
use words to convence you. Scanners target elderly people and they
volunteer, they are still being scammed.

In what way was I scamming? I said what the project was for. To
photograph an massive unemployment line. An unemployment line, get
it? If you think this country is doing well, ie you support President
Bush, why would you want to photograph an unemployment line? The idea
is inherently anti-current administration. Only a very very very old
person might be fooled (my 91 year old Republican sweetheart of a
grandmother certainly wouldn't be) into thinking this was somehow a
pro-Bush project.

As one respondant pointed out. This organization is anti- Republican
as well as anti-American but he says it isn't meant to be..

That said, it is not anti-Republican. I LIKE my Republican
grandmother. I like lots of Republicans. I don't like this
president's policies. There are other Republicans who also don't like
his policies. I was trying to make it clear that this was not some
narrow-minded lefty project (there are plenty of narrow-minded
lefties, as well as righties, out there) and that any Republicans who
also thought unemployment was a problem were welcome to join.

I was not under the expectation that somehow hordes of easily duped
Republicans would be scammed into joining my project because of my
cleverly deceptive advertising (darn, why did I reveal that People for
the American Way were behind it? My foolish fingers should never have
let them in on that secret!)

Anything even remotely associated with the ACLU is anti-American
whether they be Democrat or Republican..

The ACLU supports American Civil Liberties. You know. The ones in
the American Constitution. Like the right to free speech. Everyone's
right to free speech. Yours included. This is anti-American?

Oy.
Old August 29th 04, 03:09 AM
carl

ColynG© wrote in message . ..
On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:36:41 -0700, "wendeebee"
wrote:
This person wouldn't be trying to get a lot of shooters together if he
wasn't going to make money..

If money is going to be made off my work I feel I should get a part of
it no matter how small the amount..

I am not going to make any money. Honest. No money. If you can
figure out a way for me to make money please tell me. Just to prove
your point, give me an imaginary way to make money. What big magazine
is going to pay gobs of money from a random bunch of photographers
taking pictures of a line? I mean, someone might want to run it
(that'd be cool) but I'm thinking it's likely to be Obscure Politics
Weekly with a budget of about $3.28 a year.

Really, Colyn, tell me. How the heck am I gonna make money off this
project? Spend money, yah, I'm doing that, my own. Make it? It
ain't gonna happen.
Old August 29th 04, 03:29 AM
Randall Ainsworth

In article , carl
wrote:

The ACLU supports American Civil Liberties. You know. The ones in
the American Constitution. Like the right to free speech. Everyone's
right to free speech. Yours included. This is anti-American?

That would be the American Criminal Lovers Union? Or the Association
of Crazies and Loonies United?
Old August 29th 04, 03:32 AM
Gene Palmiter

Ignore them....they won't go away...but ignore them anyway until November
2nd. Then vote their Furer out of office.

There will be lots of reasons to be photographing that day....history will
be made. A counter revolution democracy style. And if anyone gets out of
line, either demonstrator or, more likely if history is any guide, the
police, then its documented.

"carl" wrote in message
om...

. ..

Old August 29th 04, 03:34 AM
Gene Palmiter

Oy.

And a Jew too!!!!!!!!!

Old August 29th 04, 03:42 AM
ColynG©

On 28 Aug 2004 19:06:06 -0700, (carl) wrote:

In what way was I scamming? I said what the project was for. To
photograph an massive unemployment line. An unemployment line, get
it? If you think this country is doing well, ie you support President
Bush, why would you want to photograph an unemployment line? The idea
is inherently anti-current administration. Only a very very very old
person might be fooled (my 91 year old Republican sweetheart of a
grandmother certainly wouldn't be) into thinking this was somehow a
pro-Bush project.

I don't recall anything said about unemployement in your original
post..

That said, it is not anti-Republican. I LIKE my Republican
grandmother. I like lots of Republicans. I don't like this
president's policies. There are other Republicans who also don't like
his policies. I was trying to make it clear that this was not some
narrow-minded lefty project (there are plenty of narrow-minded
lefties, as well as righties, out there) and that any Republicans who
also thought unemployment was a problem were welcome to join.

People for the American Way is a liberal anti-Republican
organization..

Take a look at you subject line... New York photographers needed for
protest pic Sept 1.

Since nothing was said in your original post about unemployement, what
are they protesting???

Anything even remotely associated with the ACLU is anti-American
whether they be Democrat or Republican..

The ACLU supports American Civil Liberties. You know. The ones in
the American Constitution. Like the right to free speech. Everyone's
right to free speech. Yours included. This is anti-American?

Actually the ACLU supports an oligarchy form of Government which is
contrary to our Constitutional Federalist Republic Government..

In case you don't know what an oligarchy is, let me define it

Oligarchy--- Government by a few

Thomas Jefferson once said he worried that the Supreme Court would
someday stop enforcing Constitutional Law and start interpreting it.

With the help of the ACLU that has happened... They are interpreting
it for the few...

The ACLU supports free speech only by the few..not the whole..

Our coins have the Latin motto E Pluribus Unum which means Out of
many, one..in other words this country is made up of many, not just a
few as the ACLU would make you think..

Colyn Goodson

http://home.swbell.net/colyng

http://www.colyngoodson.com