pixel values to text file array

Old November 4th 04, 10:45 PM
CR Optiker

Default pixel values to text file array

I have an 8-bit grayscale image and want to extract the pixel values to an
array, to Excel, to a CSV text file, or to what some apps refer to as a
text image. I have apps that will do that - for example, ImageJ allows
SaveTo as a text file, and ImagePro has a BitMap Analysis function that
allows DDE to Excel, copy to clipboard, or save to a text file.

Unfortunately, the only app I will have available to do that with is
Photoshop. I have looked over the menus, searched (but probably missed the
correct key words), browsed the HELP index, and haven't found anything like
that. I don't know enough about image formats ata detailed enough level to
just save to an image file and manually extract the pixel values.

Is there a fairly simple way to accomplish that with Photoshop?

Thanks!
Optiker
Old November 4th 04, 10:57 PM
Roland Karlsson

CR Optiker wrote in
:

I have an 8-bit grayscale image and want to extract the pixel values
to an array, to Excel, to a CSV text file, or to what some apps refer
to as a text image. I have apps that will do that - for example,
ImageJ allows SaveTo as a text file, and ImagePro has a BitMap
Analysis function that allows DDE to Excel, copy to clipboard, or save
to a text file.

Unfortunately, the only app I will have available to do that with is
Photoshop. I have looked over the menus, searched (but probably missed
the correct key words), browsed the HELP index, and haven't found
anything like that. I don't know enough about image formats ata
detailed enough level to just save to an image file and manually
extract the pixel values.

Is there a fairly simple way to accomplish that with Photoshop?

No. You cannot do it just like that in photoshop.

You can save as Photoshop RAW format. It is just the RAW bytes
in binary format. Should be very easy to convert to what you
want with a simple program.

You can also download the freeware program IrfanView. It supports
lots of formats. You can e.g. save as a text based PPM file.
This should be very easy to convert.

/Roland