Array cameras

Old May 1st 13, 11:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default Array cameras

These are supposed to be like insect eyes, i.e. an imaging sensor
consisting of an array of imaging sensors, each with an own lens if I
understood properly:
http://www.pelicanimaging.com/pelican_barcelona.htm

See also this article (German only however):
http://www.golem.de/news/nokia-insek...r-smartphones-
1305-99037.html

Allowing to refocus, change DOF etc., similar to the Lytro approach. I
wonder if this technology suffers from the same limitations as Lytro,
i.e. limited resolution and if it is scalable to larger sensors.
--

Alfred Molon
Old May 1st 13, 11:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mort[_3_]

Alfred Molon wrote:
These are supposed to be like insect eyes, i.e. an imaging sensor
consisting of an array of imaging sensors, each with an own lens if I
understood properly:
http://www.pelicanimaging.com/pelican_barcelona.htm

See also this article (German only however):
http://www.golem.de/news/nokia-insek...r-smartphones-
1305-99037.html

Allowing to refocus, change DOF etc., similar to the Lytro approach. I
wonder if this technology suffers from the same limitations as Lytro,
i.e. limited resolution and if it is scalable to larger sensors.

Hi,

Your German link does not work on my PC. It comes up every time as page
not found, in German of course. Please re-post a working link.

Thanks.

Mort Linder
Old May 2nd 13, 07:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , Mort says...
Alfred Molon wrote:
These are supposed to be like insect eyes, i.e. an imaging sensor
consisting of an array of imaging sensors, each with an own lens if I
understood properly:
http://www.pelicanimaging.com/pelican_barcelona.htm

See also this article (German only however):
http://www.golem.de/news/nokia-insek...r-smartphones-
1305-99037.html

Allowing to refocus, change DOF etc., similar to the Lytro approach. I
wonder if this technology suffers from the same limitations as Lytro,
i.e. limited resolution and if it is scalable to larger sensors.

Hi,

Your German link does not work on my PC. It comes up every time as page
not found, in German of course. Please re-post a working link.

The link has been cut intwo parts by the newsreader software because it
is longer than 80 characters. Here it is again:

Old May 2nd 13, 07:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Alfred
Molon wrote:

Your German link does not work on my PC. It comes up every time as page
not found, in German of course. Please re-post a working link.

The link has been cut intwo parts by the newsreader software because it
is longer than 80 characters.

only because it was not properly delimited with angle brackets. had it
been properly delimited, the newsreader software would know it's a url
and would have made the whole thing a clickable link.

however, if one selects the entire url spanning multiple lines and
copy/pastes it to a browser, it will still work. browsers remove
whitespace and end of line characters for this reason. it is more work
for the user though.
Old May 2nd 13, 10:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 2 May 2013 08:06:21 +0200, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , Mort says...
Alfred Molon wrote:
These are supposed to be like insect eyes, i.e. an imaging sensor
consisting of an array of imaging sensors, each with an own lens if I
understood properly:
http://www.pelicanimaging.com/pelican_barcelona.htm

See also this article (German only however):
http://www.golem.de/news/nokia-insek...r-smartphones-
1305-99037.html

Allowing to refocus, change DOF etc., similar to the Lytro approach. I
wonder if this technology suffers from the same limitations as Lytro,
i.e. limited resolution and if it is scalable to larger sensors.

Hi,

Your German link does not work on my PC. It comes up every time as page
not found, in German of course. Please re-post a working link.

The link has been cut intwo parts by the newsreader software because it
is longer than 80 characters. Here it is again:

http://www.golem.de/news/nokia-insek...305-99037.html

That was no better. Your newsreader wrapped it. This should be in one
piece (but is it?).

Eric Stevens
Old May 2nd 13, 06:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , Eric Stevens
says...
That was no better. Your newsreader wrapped it. This should be in one
piece (but is it?).

Gravity v2.70b from 2003.

But I just checked and saw that there is a new version 3.0 for download:
http://mpgravity.sourceforge.net/

Will try this one out.
--

Alfred Molon
Old May 2nd 13, 09:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 2 May 2013 19:25:13 +0200, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
says...
That was no better. Your newsreader wrapped it. This should be in one
piece (but is it?).

Gravity v2.70b from 2003.

But I just checked and saw that there is a new version 3.0 for download:
http://mpgravity.sourceforge.net/

Will try this one out.

There may be a setting ...

Eric Stevens
Old May 2nd 13, 10:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , Eric Stevens
says...
Gravity v2.70b from 2003.

But I just checked and saw that there is a new version 3.0 for download:
http://mpgravity.sourceforge.net/

Will try this one out.

There may be a setting ...

I could increase the line wrap width, currently set to 73 characters to
some higher value, but would this make sense?

Or I could try posting again the long link, just to check if the new
Gravity version doesn't break it:

Old May 2nd 13, 10:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Alfred
Molon wrote:

I could increase the line wrap width, currently set to 73 characters to
some higher value, but would this make sense?

no

Or I could try posting again the long link, just to check if the new
Gravity version doesn't break it:
http://www.golem.de/news/nokia-insek...r-smartphones-
1305-99037.html

delimit the url with angle brackets and it doesn't matter how many
lines it spans. software detects it's a url and doesn't break it and
also makes it clickable.

http://www.golem.de/news/nokia-insek...martphones-130
5-99037.html
Old May 3rd 13, 12:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-05-02 14:12:39 -0700, Alfred Molon said:

In article , Eric Stevens
says...
Gravity v2.70b from 2003.

But I just checked and saw that there is a new version 3.0 for download:
http://mpgravity.sourceforge.net/

Will try this one out.

There may be a setting ...

I could increase the line wrap width, currently set to 73 characters to
some higher value, but would this make sense?

Or I could try posting again the long link, just to check if the new
Gravity version doesn't break it:
http://www.golem.de/news/nokia-insek...r-smartphones-
1305-99037.html

Why not do it the way you should with long URLs;

http://www.golem.de/news/nokia-insek...305-99037.html

or
http://tinyurl.com/clgpmp6

Savageduck