Automatic preview and save on newer Fuji cameras

Old April 16th 05, 07:43 PM

Default Automatic preview and save on newer Fuji cameras

Greetings all ...

I recently moved from a Finepix 1200 to a Fuji S5100 and am amazed at
the options available. The 1200 was my transition camera from being a
20+ year 35mm SLR shooter.

The S5100 does so much to bridge the gap between digital and SLR in my
opinion that I doubt I will miss some of the options the digital SLRs
include.

That being said (for anyone looking for advice on purchasing the
S5100), I miss a hotshoe for my Sunpak 544 and would like to know if
anyone else had an older Fuji that allowed you to preview the shot and
either record it to the memory card or delete it and try again. On the
1200 I was able to delete an overexposed shot, reshoot with whatever
adjustments I could make, then reshoot, and have the pic number stay
sequential.

Now, I shoot with the S5100, it records each shot (after a 2 second
adjustable to 5 second) preview, but then I need to leave shooting mode
to more critically look over the photo. If I decide to delete it, the
number assigned to the new pic is +1. So I shot a few shots as keepers,
deleted about 15 or 20 shots and on my memory card, I have 100-0001,
100-0002, 100-0032, etc. All shots I deleted took their number with
them. A little annoyance, and I know with databases this is the way
records are managed, but does anyone know of a way around this?

Thanks for any input.

Mark