Michael Scarpitti Offer for Web Viewing-CANCELLED

Old December 18th 03, 01:19 AM
PWW

Default Michael Scarpitti Offer for Web Viewing-CANCELLED

I am canceling my offer for ³Michael Scarpitti ² .

My offer was ³What the heck; email me 10 of your best images,
with a maximum size of 100k each, 500x500 pixels max size, and in jpeg form
and I will put them up for two weeks on my site, so all others can judge
your abilities against your statements².

I just received one email apparently from Michael Scarpitti that was OVER 75
Megs zipped, Yes, OVER 75 Megs.... It was a forwarded message, so he did not
even send it himself. He also sent about 57 images, and a folder full of
hirez images (over 50 megs), and a whole web set-setup. Even with the hirez
images removed it still would be over 20 megs for a web site.

That was not what I had offered to host. I do not have the time or
inclination to redo his impertinent submission.

I actually find it pretty rude for him to:
1: Not take the time or even "TRY" and send the correct submission items
that I had agreed to host as a favor to him.
2: Not actually take the time to prepare and send it himself.
3: Just to forward a different ³challenge² web-site he apparently had
with someone else.
4: Not even acknowledge me in the email. The email just had Michael
Scarpitti telling someone else to ³send the pages² to the ³guy" at my email
address. No message, no nothing.
5: Sending a 75 meg email. Whooeeeee. Even with my DSL, it took a while.
Even though my offer was to accept only 10 jpegs. Not a bunch of pages, Not
75 megs, Not an entire full blown Web-Site, not over 50 images.
6: Just being so arrogant, thinking that I would put all this stuff up
on my web-site as is.
7: Just being so arrogant, thinking that I would take the time to fix
all his stuff up just to ALLOW me to put them up on my site as a favor to
him.

There is more venom I feel, but I must stop.

"None are so blind as those who will not see, none are so deaf as those who
will not listen. I now put Scarpitti into this sorry group.

All 75 Megs have been deleted from my hard drive. Put your own site up if
you want. I really don't care what you do. I only cursory looked at what you
sent, just enough, so I could understand just what the heck you did send.
Since I did not look at your images, I have no opinion on your images. But
My opinion of you now, is awfully low.

Sorry group, about the rant.
PWW
--
PWW (Paul Wayne Wilson)
Over 1,000 Photographs Online at,

Old December 18th 03, 01:26 AM
Bill Hilton

From: PWW

Sorry group, about the rant.

So kill-file the guy and move on ...
Old December 18th 03, 06:41 PM
Michael Scarpitti

PWW wrote in message ...
I am canceling my offer for ³Michael Scarpitti ² .

My offer was ³What the heck; email me 10 of your best images,
with a maximum size of 100k each, 500x500 pixels max size, and in jpeg form
and I will put them up for two weeks on my site, so all others can judge
your abilities against your statements².

I just received one email apparently from Michael Scarpitti that was OVER 75
Megs zipped, Yes, OVER 75 Megs.... It was a forwarded message, so he did not
even send it himself. He also sent about 57 images, and a folder full of
hirez images (over 50 megs), and a whole web set-setup. Even with the hirez
images removed it still would be over 20 megs for a web site.

That was not what I had offered to host. I do not have the time or
inclination to redo his impertinent submission.

I did not send it. The fellow who had hosted these before sent it. It
had been set up already by him. As I said, I do not have a 'portfolio'
as such, just a few images to show people if I'm asked, as you just
did.
Old December 19th 03, 12:33 AM
stan

PWW wrote:

I am canceling my offer for ³Michael Scarpitti ² .

My offer was ³What the heck; email me 10 of your best images,
with a maximum size of 100k each, 500x500 pixels max size, and in jpeg form
and I will put them up for two weeks on my site, so all others can judge
your abilities against your statements².

I just received one email apparently from Michael Scarpitti that was OVER 75
Megs zipped, Yes, OVER 75 Megs.... It was a forwarded message, so he did not
even send it himself.

SNIP

You're whining because you recived a file from someone that is NOT Mike? So
what's your point? That some moron sent you a big file. And that you don't even
know who it is? Time for a reality check.
Stan
Visual Arts Photography

Old December 19th 03, 02:18 AM
PWW

On 12/18/03 7:33 PM, in article , "stan"
wrote:

You're whining because you recived a file from someone that is NOT Mike? So
what's your point? That some moron sent you a big file. And that you don't
even
know who it is? Time for a reality check.
Stan
Visual Arts Photography

I did not think I was whining. My point was, I was ranting about how rude
and without consideration, it was for Scarpitti, to have someone else, on
his behalf, send me a bunch of his stuff, clearly of which none of fit any
of the guidelines of the offer, that I had made to him. None, Zero, Zip,
Nada.. He did not even try the very minimum effort, to go along with the
terms of my offer. And I was trying to do him a favor.

I never said it was not sent on Scarpitti's request, (which it was, so who
is the "moron") and to me, that is the same as being sent from Scarpitti
himself, whoever actually sent the file is really irrelevant, except for me
not knowing who was actually sending me a 75 meg file, until I completely
downloaded it and read the email, which was addressed to this other person
(and only forwarded to me), asking him to forward all the stuff to my email
address. That was the only reference to me in the entire email, was my email
address. And yet he never sent me an email, explaining what he was doing. In
fact, he never sent me an email until after I cancelled my offer.

Ah Sir, I do believe, you do not know of what you speak. Maybe you need to
reread the original post.

PWW

Old December 19th 03, 08:14 PM
Michael Scarpitti

PWW wrote in message ...
On 12/18/03 7:33 PM, in article , "stan"
wrote:

Paul:

Just a few months ago I went through all of this due to requests from
others, and prepared some inmages which were hosted by this fellow for
me. It took a lot of his time and my time to prepare. I did not feel
that doing it all over again was warrented; therefore I simply asked
him to forward the materials to you. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Old December 20th 03, 02:34 AM
stan

wrote:

[...]

Sorry you're still the moron. And a whiner
Stan
Visual Arts Photography

Old December 20th 03, 03:31 AM
Al Denelsbeck

stan wrote in :

Sorry you're still the moron. And a whiner
Stan
Visual Arts Photography

Having not only followed this from the start, but had previous direct
experience with Michael Scarpitti and his holier-than-thou attitude with
absolutely nothing to back his claims (I have noticed that his stint
working as a yearbook photographer has now magically transformed into
"photojournalistic experience"), I find myself with a hell of a lot more
support for PWW's actions in this matter, than yours.

Sending anyone a 75 meg file is not only rude, it's ridiculous and
asinine. Entire websites, with a significant number of pictures, can be
accomplished within 10 megs. And as PWW pointed out, this was quite far
from what he had offered to do for Mr Scarpitti as a favor, free of charge,
on his own.

Call it whining if you like. This makes your own whining that much
more hypocritical and senseless, since you have no part in this whatsoever.
Thank you very much for your opinion, you now have mine. Want me to state
it a bit more directly?

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below

Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net

If you need to. I don't really care. If you really feel the need man then be more
direct. Although I don't see how it affects you anymore than me. I also agree
that sending a 75 meg file is rude. My understanding (until mike clarified it)
was that the OP didn't ever know for sure it came from Mike. So do what you want
.. I've had 2 deaths in my family and I really could give a ****.
Stan
Visual Arts Photography

Old December 20th 03, 08:34 AM
Al Denelsbeck

stan wrote in :

If you need to. I don't really care. If you really feel the need man
then be more direct. Although I don't see how it affects you anymore
than me. I also agree that sending a 75 meg file is rude. My
understanding (until mike clarified it) was that the OP didn't ever
know for sure it came from Mike. So do what you want . I've had 2
deaths in my family and I really could give a ****. Stan
Visual Arts Photography

Stan,

I'm honestly sorry to hear about your family, and I sympathize with
what you're going through.

If you find, however, that your frame of mind right now is to respond
to things with more antagonism than normal (and it would appear that way to
me, because I've seen plenty of your posts before), then perhaps the
newsgroups aren't the place for you right at the moment. Because you know
damn well that someone is going to spark a response, even when they aren't
actively trying to like so many of the posters.

I've seen enough posts from Scarpitti to know that his experience is
all imaginary. Google will provide anyone interested with enough evidence
to form their own opinion - check rec.photo.equipment.35mm for more fun. I,
for one, have no patience with the dip****. And since Paul was openly
insulted by Scarpitti when Scarpitti thinks that a moderate closeup of a
rhino's eye in a zoo is high art, I would think Paul lacks the patience as
well. While Paul's response might have been exacerbated by this insulting
behavior, he was also (IMO) posting publicly since he was not the only
target of Scarpitti's nonsense within even this thread.

Kick back for a bit, keep it all in perspective, and we'll watch for
the eventual return of your normal informative posts, okay?

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net