Delta 100 vs. Pan F+

Old April 5th 04, 12:45 PM
wkg

Default Delta 100 vs. Pan F+

Uzytkownik "Andrew Price" napisal w wiadomosci
On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 00:12:22 GMT, "Shawn H"
wrote:

Which developer do you suggest for APX 100 or Efke 25?

Like all developers, it's a question of trial and error and finding
something which *you* like. APX is an extremely "good-natured" film
and works well with many developers. Personally, I've found good old
"plain vanilla" ID-11/D-76 to work very well with it, as does Rodinal.

For the Efke, I've been pleased with the results I've obtained with
DD-X, but there is a caveat: I only use it in 120 format, where grain
is less of an issue than it would be in 35mm.

I found, that grain is not an issue with Efke 25. Much finer grain than
PanF+.
I used Rodinal 1+100.

wkg

Old April 5th 04, 01:59 PM
Gregory W Blank

In article ,
"moda" wrote:

Where do I buy Efke (I live in Denmark). Dows anyone know places on the web
who sells Efke?

Moda

Try Foto Impex in Germany

www.fotoimpex.de
--
LF website http://members.bellatlantic.net/~gblank

For best results expand this window at least 6" at 1152 x 768 resolution
Old April 6th 04, 03:18 PM
Frank J. Schifano

"Mark A" wrote in message ...
I would use XTOL 1:2 dilution. This gives excellent film speed so you may
need adjust accordingly. Kodak no longer publishes times for 1:2 dilution,
but you can find times elsewhere or do your own testing (which you should do
anyway).

I agree with Mark here. XTOL, especially dilute XTOL, offers a very
nice balance of sharpness, fine grain, and enhanced shadow detail
without the sometimes annoying adjacency effects.
Old April 9th 04, 10:02 PM
BertS

wrote:

Which developer do you suggest for APX 100 or Efke 25?

D23

You are predictable on your love for D23. But it is well deserved.

I would also suggest Efke 25 in Rodinal. Outstanding sharpness and the film
takes care of the grain which ends up being very fine.

Bert

Old April 11th 04, 07:36 AM
Frank Pittel

Shawn H wrote:

: I need a film / developer suggestion for 35mm format. I am using my Nikon as
: a back up for 4x5 to shoot landscape. Eastern Sierras / Death Valley /
: Salton Sea etc. In 4x5 I use Tmax with Tmax Rs 1:9. In 35mm I tried Tmax
: with Tmax Rs 1:9, beautiful tonality but the sharpness is lacking
: (perhaps due to rotary development). Next I want to try Delta 100 or Pan
: F+. Which developer do you suggest with these films? I print to 11x14.
: Everything is shot with tripod, remote release...

: Thank you for your suggestions.
: Regards

I'm sure that you've gotten an answer by now but you may want to think about
using 35mm Tmax with the Tmax developer. I've found that the only thing that
Tmax and Tmax-rs have in common is the name. I also think that Tmax is a better
developer.