Remember people who forced you to watch their slide shows?

Old May 19th 12, 08:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Remember people who forced you to watch their slide shows?

On 2012-05-19 09:44:42 -0700, George Kerby said:

On 5/19/12 11:27 AM, in article
, "RichA"
wrote:

I was standing in-line at Starbucks and a guy with an iPad looked at
my camera and said, "film camera, isn't it?" Olympus did their job
right, since it was the OM-D. Anyway, turns out the guy owns a Canon
5D-II and we discussed the lenses, etc. Then he decides to show me
his images on his iPad. I cringed a bit thinking I was going to be
exposed to some horrific dog and kid shots. But, the guy's images
were outstanding. Shots in major national parks, in Utah and around
the U.S. Easily pro grade. Apart from a couple garish HRD shots, a
really impressive grouping.
So, it goes to show, you never can tell what you might see from
someone.

So, is hell freezing over? Rich has something NICE to say about Apple? LOL!

No!
Rich has never had anything nice to say about Apple. He had something
nice to say about the work of a Canon shooter, shown to him on an Apple
product.
That said, slide shows and portfolios are very well presented on an
iPad. For that alone it can be a useful tool for some photographers.

Savageduck

Old May 19th 12, 09:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 5/19/12 2:39 PM, in article
2012051912393495335-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"

On 2012-05-19 09:44:42 -0700, George Kerby said:

On 5/19/12 11:27 AM, in article
, "RichA"
wrote:

[...]

Well, since I had just posted back and forth with David about the iPad's
photographic capabilities, somehow I segued that with Rich's post. I was so
surprised that he used "outstanding" and "iPad" in the same paragraph, that
I now see that I DID misread the OP. Thanks for the correction there,
Detective Duck!

BTW: Three years or so ago I stopped carrying my cumbersome print portfolio
to show prospective clients, art directors, and other interested parties,
and put it all on my 1st gen iPad. Got a lot better responses I must tell
you.

Old May 19th 12, 10:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-05-19 09:44:42 -0700, George Kerby said:

On 5/19/12 11:27 AM, in article
, "RichA"
wrote:

[...]

When the iPad 3/4G came out, I noted that the 32GB & 64GB iPad 2s had
been discontinued. I didn't see the point of paying a premium for the
new edition. So I looked around and found a 64GB iPad 2 for a very
reasonable price. It is set up for a Verizon service plan, which I have
yet to activate. So far all my iPad work has been done via Wi-Fi, and
my local network at home.
....and I like the look of my shots I have loaded into it to create
galleries of my stuff for viewing. I am still exploring all the various
areas of great functionality.
BTW: if you do any birding at all and need a field guide iBird Explorer
Pro is one of the good reasons to pay for an iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch App.

Note; it is on sale for $2.99, a bargain!
http://ibird.com/products/iphone-ipod-touch/pro

Savageduck

Old May 19th 12, 10:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-05-19 09:44:42 -0700, George Kerby said:

On 5/19/12 11:27 AM, in article
, "RichA"
wrote:

[...]

BTW: They have the "HD" versions out for the new iPad.
http://ibird.com/products/ipad/

Savageduck

Old May 20th 12, 12:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-05-19 09:44:42 -0700, George Kerby sai

d:

On 5/19/12 11:27 AM, in article
, "Rich

A"
wrote:

[...]

It's merely a display product, like those old portable storage units
you could buy, with LCD screens.

Sorry Rich, the iPad is far more than a display product, but I guess
that doesn't matter to you as you are locked into your anti-Apple
prejudice.

Savageduck

Old May 20th 12, 01:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
N[_9_]

On 2012-05-19 09:44:42 -0700, George Kerby said:

On 5/19/12 11:27 AM, in article
, "RichA"
wrote:

[...]

Would you say the same of an Android tablet?

Old May 20th 12, 04:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Rich[_6_]

N wrote in
:

On May 19, 3:39*pm, Savageduck
On 2012-05-19 09:44:42 -0700, George Kerby
said:

On 5/19/12 11:27 AM, in article
,
"RichA" wrote:

[...]

I know people try to justify their existence, but they really are toys.
The commpetition to see how many apps can be loaded and quickly forgotten
is fierce. I see people doing real work, I see laptops, consistently.