Cleaning up a massive flare behind somebody's head?

Old April 1st 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Cleaning up a massive flare behind somebody's head?

The pic is of somebody's head/face. The flare is the reflection of the flash
off a wall. The size of the flare is about twice that of the person's head.

I tried the clone stamp tool, but this seems like something that needs another
approach.

Any suggestions?
--
PeteCresswell
Old April 1st 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 20:54:08 -0500, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

The pic is of somebody's head/face. The flare is the reflection of the flash
off a wall. The size of the flare is about twice that of the person's head.

I tried the clone stamp tool, but this seems like something that needs another
approach.

Any suggestions?

I have consistently used the clone stamp to clean up flare (Photoshop 7).
I had one pic where the flare was distorting the wall and 2 different
levels of trim. I blew up the photo to around 250% and cloned away. I
then used the blur tool to blend it in.

Everyone who saw the before and after photos were amazed. I am sure that
someone has other procedures, but I like the clone stamp.

Unless you want the subject to have the "saintly halo" effect. :-)

Tony
Old April 1st 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Per Ed Chilada:
Any suggestions?

Massive flares are back in.

How about polyester? I think I've still got a couple pair of poly
bellbottoms...
--
PeteCresswell
Old April 2nd 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
The pic is of somebody's head/face. The flare is the reflection of the flash
off a wall. The size of the flare is about twice that of the person's head.

I tried the clone stamp tool, but this seems like something that needs another
approach.

Any suggestions?

I'd be inclined to select the head, copy it to a new layer, and mess
with a new background. There are 386 ways to make such a selection and
26% of them are right for you. Making a good-great selection is beyond
the scope of this post.

--
John McWilliams