Upstate NY question

Old December 27th 03, 07:24 PM
Brian Larmay

Default Upstate NY question

Hi all,

Im looking for a shop around Buffalo, closer to Niagara Falls that sells
Fuji pro film.
I have seen NOTHING but Kodak pro film since I moved here a month ago.

Are there any shops around here that Have Fuji Slide stuff with certainty?

Thanks for any help,
Brian

--
=====
Homepage: www.astrobri.com

Location:
Niagara Falls USA
geographic Longitude = 79W
Geographic Latitude = 43N
Corrected Magnetic Latitude = 53N

Old December 28th 03, 06:36 AM
Doug

Brian Larmay wrote:

Hi all,

Im looking for a shop around Buffalo, closer to Niagara Falls that sells
Fuji pro film.
I have seen NOTHING but Kodak pro film since I moved here a month ago.

Are there any shops around here that Have Fuji Slide stuff with certainty?

Thanks for any help,
Brian

Since I'm from the Syracuse area the only place I've bought film in the
Buffalo area is

Delaware Camera & Video
2635 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14216
(716) 877-3317

I haven't used them but a time or two so I can neither recommend or not
recomend them. Most of the film I buy, I mail order out of B & H photo in
NYC. Grab an Erie county yellow pages and call a few places is all I can
say. Good luck
Old December 28th 03, 07:30 AM
Brian Larmay

Thanks who responded on and offlist.
It seems almost unreal to me coming from Milwaukee to the NY area, that
there would be no Fuji except print version at walmart and wallgreens.
Kodak has nice film, but the only Kodak I use is E200 for astrophotography
and hypered techpan.
E100VS is also good for fall.

Once it comes to aurora or storm chasing photography...even Provia 400 for
astrophotoraphy, fuji rules imo.
What on earth would happen if someone decided to carry fuji pro film in this
area?
Corner the competition?
Fuji is an essential film for the pallet.....I just dont get it....theres an
over abundance of Kodak here...too much if you ask me.

I also liked the Ilford XP as well, but alas.
At leaste theres no shortage of mixing chems here except for D19.

Thanks,
Brian

--
=====

Old December 28th 03, 07:52 AM
Al Denelsbeck

"Brian Larmay" wrote in
y.com:

snip
Corner the competition?
Fuji is an essential film for the pallet.....I just dont get
it....theres an over abundance of Kodak here...too much if you ask me.

In other areas of the States, this might be more curious, but not
within 100 miles of Rochester (and Kodak's base of operations)...

It's kind of like trying to get Pepsi in Atlanta restaurants ;-).

Part of it, undoubtedly, is local support, keeping the in-state
businesses thriving. Some of it could potentially be from deals provided to
the retailers. I remember that central NY (Auburn) is the only place I had
seen that had Fuji films more expensive than Kodak, but this was a long
time ago.

Unless there are outstanding deals locally, I see no reason not to go
with B&H, which consistently runs the Fuji pro films 20 to 50% less than
any local shop I've been in, anywhere.

Good luck!

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net
Old December 28th 03, 03:06 PM
Nicholas O. Lindan

"Brian Larmay"

It seems almost unreal to me coming from Milwaukee to the NY area, that
there would be no Fuji [in the extended Rochester area]

Time to get real:

Japanese motorcycles popular in Milwaukee, are they? How about Corona,
Labatt and St. Pauli?

Everyone roots for their home team. You gotta, 'cause nobody else will.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
Old December 28th 03, 04:32 PM
Brian Larmay

Time to get real:

Thats what Im sayin!

Japanese motorcycles popular in Milwaukee, are they? How about Corona,
Labatt and St. Pauli?

Actually yes yes and kinda.
Not to go way off topic but Milwaukee is beer town....
Home brewer shops, Micro breweries, import beer, non imports...beer beer
beer.... and a bar on every corner....damn drunk *******s everywhere too!
Of course MGD is pushed and their logo is everywhere.
Too bad it taste like **** water.

Everyone roots for their home team. You gotta, 'cause nobody else will.

True, I understand, but somebody somehwere within a radius of 50 miles US
side at leaste should break down and carry Fugi pro films, or any other film
for that matter.

Honestly, none of that will matter as soon as Kodak cuts their film lines..

On the other hand, Canons new D10 with a 6.3 megapixel chip is very
attractive and none of this will matter once I get the $ together.

Brian

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio