Panasonic FZ30 v Fuji Finepix S602Z

Old April 19th 06, 10:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Panasonic FZ30 v Fuji Finepix S602Z

I'm thinking of changing my Fuji Finepix S602Z for the Panasonic FZ30 to
get the 12x zoom rather than the Fuji's 6x. Image stabilisation and the
quicker startup are also a consideration (ideally I would like something
like the EOS350D but I doubt I could afford the equivalent of the 12x
zoom for it!).

I'm hesitating about changing after seeing conflicting comments about
the Panasonic's images being noisy above ISO 80. Anyone got any views on
how it compares with the Fuji in this area?

TIA.
Old April 19th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

F wrote:
I'm thinking of changing my Fuji Finepix S602Z for the Panasonic FZ30
to get the 12x zoom rather than the Fuji's 6x. Image stabilisation
and the quicker startup are also a consideration (ideally I would
like something like the EOS350D but I doubt I could afford the
equivalent of the 12x zoom for it!).

I'm hesitating about changing after seeing conflicting comments about
the Panasonic's images being noisy above ISO 80. Anyone got any views
on how it compares with the Fuji in this area?

TIA.

Did you check FUJI FinePix S9000 ?!

Old April 19th 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

my Kodak C330 has an even smaller sensor
than the FZ30, but on screen the pics are just fine.
If you plan to do pro shots or weddings, get the Canon 20/30D, if you
are just having fun, the FZ30 or Fuji S9000 are fine.

Old April 19th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On 19/04/2006 13:58 E.m.i.r. wrote:

Did you check FUJI FinePix S9000 ?!

No, but I will - thanks.

--
Frank
Old April 19th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 19:29:32 +0100, F wrote:

On 19/04/2006 13:58 E.m.i.r. wrote:

Did you check FUJI FinePix S9000 ?!

No, but I will - thanks.

Have a look here....

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/PanasonicFZ30/

where you will see both compared and a Sony and Canon thrown in for
good measure. Plenty of comparative shots included. The conclusion
sums up how to decide between them pretty easily.

--
To save on your shopping click here - http://www.rpoints.com/?ruid=44653
To sign up with PlusNet click here - http://tinyurl.com/b9wqs
Old April 20th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

On 19/04/2006 19:40 Tiny Tim wrote:

Have a look here....

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/PanasonicFZ30/

I did, and it was just what I was looking for: thanks!

--
Frank