The Ultimate Photo-Bag

Old May 14th 09, 04:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
C J Campbell[_2_]

Default The Ultimate Photo-Bag

On 2009-05-13 16:50:33 -0700, C J Campbell

On 2009-05-13 14:38:10 -0700, Savageduck said:

I was in town this morning and saw what one of our local "Pro"
photographers had parked outside his store in Paso Robles.

This is definitely what I would call the ultimate photo bag - no
excuses for leaving anything behind!

http://homepage.mac.com/lco/Sites/JD-Devco1/index.html

Great restoration job. Does not look quite finished, yet. You could
have a whole portable photo booth in there!

It is a finished restoration and very good. I guess my shots don't do
it justice.
I was impressed he kept the artwork subtle and did not go over the top.
I was just surprised to see it . I have lived in this area since 1986
and I am familiar with many of the restored classic vehicles and
hotrods around here, and this was the first time I have seen this
Divco, and I pass this spot several times each week.

Maybe he would let you get some interior shots. I like the artwork,
too, for the same reason you do.

The reason it didn't look finished to me is that the name didn't look
complete, like he was going to add a last name or maybe contact
information. It probably matches his whole brand -- stationery,
business cards, delivery boxes, etc. The design is simple enough to be
easily embroidered on a shirt.

I could see some potential in a Divco. Some of them had refrigerated
bodies which would be well insulated to protect camera gear from heat
and cold. I would want to clear out everything in the cab, though, and
put real seats in it. Not that little folding seat that the milkman
used. And I probably would want a rear-view camera. Might be around
little kids a lot.

This would be great for wedding shoots.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old May 14th 09, 04:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
Savageduck[_2_]

On 2009-05-14 08:23:45 -0700, C J Campbell

On 2009-05-13 16:50:33 -0700, C J Campbell

On 2009-05-13 14:38:10 -0700, Savageduck said:

[...]

Well we are a small town, so I plan to drop in on him and let him know
his name has been spread globally. He now owes it to all of us to
expose that interior :-)

The reason it didn't look finished to me is that the name didn't look
complete, like he was going to add a last name or maybe contact
information. It probably matches his whole brand -- stationery,
business cards, delivery boxes, etc. The design is simple enough to be
easily embroidered on a shirt.

Yes, if you look at the 3rd shot in the set you can see his storefront
on the right where the signature logo is repeated.

On close inspection you will see the finish of the art work in the
signature logo is exceptional. The understated effect is far a more
powerful means of attracting attention and oozes quality. In my
opinion very clever.
It drove me to see if he had a web presence.

I could see some potential in a Divco. Some of them had refrigerated
bodies which would be well insulated to protect camera gear from heat
and cold. I would want to clear out everything in the cab, though, and
put real seats in it. Not that little folding seat that the milkman
used. And I probably would want a rear-view camera. Might be around
little kids a lot.

This would be great for wedding shoots.

He seems to have his hands full with studio work, weddings, model
shoots and his artwork, so better than hauling everything around in the
back of an SUV, trailer or pickup.

Savageduck