Adapt a Roll 620 film holder

Old March 29th 05, 10:25 PM

Default Adapt a Roll 620 film holder

Hi,
Recently I bought a Adapt A Roll 620 film holder. I was hoping to use
it with my Busch Pressman 23.

However, I could not make the film counter to register.

There is a shaft at the far end of the holder, if I turn it manually,
the film counter would move, so the connection is working.

However, when I put on film (both the take up and supply are 620
spools) and turn the big winding wheel, the film advances, but the film
counter does not move.

It seems to me that there is not enough tension applied to the supply
spool, and therefore the film is kind of loose inside the holder, and
therefore can not apply enough tension on the shaft to turn the film
counter.

Anyone had this similar experiene before, and how do you fix it?

Thanks,
Wenbiao

Old March 30th 05, 12:07 AM
jjs

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
Recently I bought a Adapt A Roll 620 film holder. I was hoping to use
it with my Busch Pressman 23.

However, I could not make the film counter to register.

There is a shaft at the far end of the holder, if I turn it manually,
the film counter would move, so the connection is working.

However, when I put on film (both the take up and supply are 620
spools) and turn the big winding wheel, the film advances, but the film
counter does not move.

Are you loading 620 spools, or somehow getting 120 in there?

Old March 30th 05, 12:36 AM

Thanks Nick, I will do that tonight and report back,

When I turn the shaft manually with my figures or when I turn the
winding knob with my right hand, and press the film paper with my left
hand, the film counter turns freely without much resistance at all...

Old March 30th 05, 12:37 AM

jjs,
both the take up spool and supply spool are 620 spools. There were
there when I got the holder.

Old March 30th 05, 12:37 AM