This is just too lame

Old January 14th 05, 11:07 AM

True211 wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

If you care so much then perhaps you may want to familiarize

yourself
with the laws, in particular the fair use statute.

I do care. No, I'm not an attorney.

Ask an attorney.

I can't be certain whether or not
"fair use" applies to your posting of others' images on alternative

domains,

Be *specific* in your description and get certain about it. Persisting
in ignorance does not sustain an authority you did not originally
deserve.

but common sense tells me that it is bad ethics at the very least,

'Common sense' tells you it is 'bad ethics'?!! 'bad ethics at the very
least', and what at more?

especially if you are doing it especially to trash the artist's work.

Again, be *specific* in your description. Why 'especially'? It would've
been okay if I'd praised *the image*? What do you find praiseworthy
about *the image*?

You
provided an original URL where the images were hosted. Couldn't you

have
just posted that? Would you be the least bit bothered if someone

were to
download one of your images, upload it to another hosting service,

and
publish a trashy review of it on a worldwide forum? Think about it

before
you fire back at me.

You think about it and try to see what's wrong with your post above.

Old January 15th 05, 01:58 AM
MarkČ

wrote in message
oups.com...

True211 wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

His post was clearly understandable to anyone with a shred of common sense.

Old January 15th 05, 05:09 PM
Duncan J Murray

Well it's french - that explains everything! Not running down the french,
or anything, but it's their style.

Duncan.

wrote in message
oups.com...

me wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

me wrote:
wrote in message

And here's the photograph. (the rest of the series is equally
stupid)
http://tinypic.com/18f5fn

Isn't this photo typical of much celebrity portraiture, as in

take a
picture
of someone famous and you to can be a famous photog? Rest of the
series,
where is that?
Sign,
me

Sadly it is; that is, it's typical of a trend.

And that's exactly my point, I hate this trend; the example

photograph
I used is merely an instantiation of it. The photographer himself

has
more interesting photos in his portfolio when he wasn't indulging

in
this.
Here's the series
http://tinypic.com/18hibr
http://tinypic.com/18hich

I'm still confused as to the original source of these photos. Is

tinypic
where you found this photographers work? If not then where is the

original
web site source? Just curious.
Sign,
me

http://frenchbox.free.fr/Page_Galerie_03.html

Old January 15th 05, 05:09 PM
Duncan J Murray

Well it's french - that explains everything! Not running down the french,
or anything, but it's their style.

Duncan.

wrote in message
oups.com...