Photo Journal on CD ?

Old August 1st 04, 07:28 PM
John Lee

Default Photo Journal on CD ?

I currently use ACDSee which gives excellent full-screen images which can be
advanced by simply pressing the space bar and also be enlarged on screen
with the plus key and the enlarged image moved around easily with the mouse.
I would like to be able to creat a CD holiday travel journal illustrated
with pictures. This part is fairly straightforward but of course having
full-screen images on view isn't possible if you have script to read as
well. What I would really like to have is the script illustrated at
appropriate points with reasonable sized images on the screen, but with the
added ability of being able to click on any of the images and produce an
immediate full-screen image - with the ability to revert just as easily to
the script and 'normal sized image'.

In addition I would want all of this to be on a CD, not on a web site nor
kept permanently just on the hard disk.

Is this possible?

Thanks for any help with this one - personally I have a feeling that it
can't easily be done.

John

Old August 1st 04, 08:10 PM
Matt Ion

This is something you might want to do using PowerPoint or Flash. The
latter allows you to put it on the web easily, as well as on CD.

from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even
incapable of forming such opinions."
-- Albert Einstein

Old August 1st 04, 08:18 PM
Al Denelsbeck

"John Lee" wrote in
:

[...]

HTML will do it easily, and has the advantage that it's cross-
platform compatible. There are also autorun commands that will boot it by
itself and open the viewer's default web browser.

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to separate G and I in the domain

Old August 1st 04, 08:38 PM
nitzsche

HTML will do it easily, and has the advantage that it's cross-
platform compatible. There are also autorun commands that will boot it by
itself and open the viewer's default web browser.

I second the motion. JAlbum is my current favorite. It's free and
powerful. http://jalbum.net/

Old August 2nd 04, 11:53 AM
Royale

I think you should try Photo2VCD or Photo2DVD to burn your photos on CD,
it has various effects, powerful function and selection menu.
I can't say more about that, just take a look at:
http://www.photo2vcd.com or
http://www.photo-to-dvd.com