Snails :)

Old August 17th 04, 03:48 PM
dooey

"Dragon Spawn" wrote in message
Ah, My camera can do 640x480, 1024x768, 1600x1200 and 2048x1536

But 2048x1536 is so big and the images are like 3Mb each!

I tend to take 1600x1200 images Good quality and a reasonable size

If size is an issue it is generally agreed that it is better to increase the
JPEG compression rather than decrease the resolution. My 3 meg camera can
output 2048x1536 at file sizes as low as a few hundred Kb if necessary.

Dooey.

Old August 17th 04, 08:27 PM
dooey

"Dragon Spawn" wrote in message
I can reduce the quality I guess, would that be better?

Yes. You can then always drop the resolution later for normal web/email use
but keep it high for photos and exhibition via the web.

--
Dooey