Hi Res Photo Sharing Sites?

Old April 26th 05, 02:28 PM
Evad Remlu

Default Hi Res Photo Sharing Sites?

I make large panoramas 10,000x1000 pixels and would like to know a site that
can store and display them intact. I have been using Gmail's 2GB to archive
the emails I send out with the pictures but sharing the password for the
gmail account is risky.

Can you recommend a site that can archive large pictures?

Thanks,

Evad

Old April 26th 05, 04:08 PM
Dr. Joel M. Hoffman

I make large panoramas 10,000x1000 pixels and would like to know a site that
can store and display them intact. I have been using Gmail's 2GB to archive
the emails I send out with the pictures but sharing the password for the
gmail account is risky.

Can you recommend a site that can archive large pictures?

According to their web site, IxWebHosting.com offers unlimited storage
for not a whole lot of money.

-Joel

Old April 26th 05, 04:31 PM
Scott W

I use PBase.com, I have one photo up there that is a bit over 18,000 x
1200.
http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/28859665

Note a few web browser have problems with images that size, most seem
to handle it just fine.

Scott

Old April 26th 05, 05:08 PM
Winston

Wow, how did you take that shot Scott? Was it spliced?

Thanks,
Winston

Old April 26th 05, 05:42 PM
Scott W

Winston wrote:
Wow, how did you take that shot Scott? Was it spliced?

Thanks,
Winston

Yup that is one of mine, it is a bunch of photos stitched together,
something like 18 if I remember right. That is the sea wall in town.

Scott

Old April 26th 05, 09:02 PM

"Scott W" wrote:

Winston wrote:
Wow, how did you take that shot Scott? Was it spliced?

Thanks,
Winston

Yup that is one of mine, it is a bunch of photos stitched together,
something like 18 if I remember right. That is the sea wall in town.

Scott

What did you spice it with? I am finding pano's to be a bit
addictive. So far I've only used autostitch.

Wes
--
Reply to:
Whiskey Echo Sierra Sierra AT Alpha Charlie Echo Golf Romeo Oscar Paul dot Charlie Charlie
Old April 27th 05, 04:33 AM
MarkČ

"Scott W" wrote in message
oups.com...
I use PBase.com, I have one photo up there that is a bit over 18,000 x
1200.
http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/28859665

Note a few web browser have problems with images that size, most seem
to handle it just fine.

Scott

My favorite part of that image is the silver car with no back end...

....Only in a panorama...

Old April 27th 05, 05:14 AM
Ray Fischer

MarkČ mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote:
"Scott W" wrote in message

I use PBase.com, I have one photo up there that is a bit over 18,000 x
1200.
http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/28859665

Note a few web browser have problems with images that size, most seem
to handle it just fine.

Scott

My favorite part of that image is the silver car with no back end...

And the guy in the gray top and white hat following himself along the
waterfront just to the right of the half car.

Still a nice pic.

--
Ray Fischer