Landscape contest 12 and 13 are rubbish

Old October 26th 16, 07:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Landscape contest 12 and 13 are rubbish

On 2016-10-26 05:57:37 +0000, RichA said:

6 is good, really conveys the power of the sea. 8 is like a postcard,
but well-done.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/078627...prize?slide=13

don't know how #12 could even have been considered a landscape.

Savageduck

Old October 27th 16, 07:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2016-10-26 05:57:37 +0000, RichA said:

6 is good, really conveys the power of the sea. 8 is like a postcard,
but well-done.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/078627...prize?slide=13

don't know how #12 could even have been considered a landscape.

Several images that I would not consider classical landscape. There is a
difference between including people, or an object to provide scale, and
taking a photograph of a person or object in a specific location. I
agree that image 12 crossed the line, but what about #8, which I see as
the individual in the center as the subject. I Looked at the other
competitions with subjects, and had difficulty with the quality of some
of them, as well as whether the image complies with the theme.

That being said, the sponsor makes the rules, and is responsible for
enforcement. I would like to see a critique as to what made the image
qualify. DpReview is at the place where it also has certain obligations.

--
PeterN