$40 Sandisk 2G Ultra II Compact Flash cards

Old November 30th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
G-Man

Default $40 Sandisk 2G Ultra II Compact Flash cards

Staples has them now. I got 4 of them. No reabates!

Just FYI for those who need them.

G-Man, D70, D200

Old November 30th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Skip

"G-Man" wrote in message
Staples has them now. I got 4 of them. No reabates!

Just FYI for those who need them.

G-Man, D70, D200

Thanks! Fry's had 'em at that price last weekend, but limited to stock on
hand. I got the last one. Or the one they said was the last one. There
were two in inventory, according to the computer, but I think I saw the guy
in the stock cage snag one of the two before handing mine over... :-(

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old December 1st 06, 08:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
MarkČ

G-Man wrote:
Staples has them now. I got 4 of them. No reabates!

Just FYI for those who need them.

Memory cards of ALL types have become extremely cheap within the last year.

I just bought (shudder the thought) a SONY (hate to even say the name)
memory-stick pro-duo at 2GB for $54. While that's not quite as cheap, it is
actually even CHEAPER, considering that those are the EXTREMELY thin,
extremely small cards that only a year or so ago were about $289!!

I'm not sure why, but memory prices are just plummeting, big-time...on all
fronts.

Good news for everyone.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old December 1st 06, 09:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Andrew MacPherson

mjmorgan(lowest even number (MarkČ) wrote:

I just bought (shudder the thought) a SONY (hate to even say the
name) memory-stick pro-duo at 2GB for $54.

Incredible isn't it. I just spent 18ukp on a 2GB CF to replace the
140ukp 1Gb I bought for my camera two years ago. It's -ve inflation like
this which has kept western economies afloat in recent years. Shame it
doesn't apply to energy costs and house prices too.

Andrew McP

Old December 1st 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
3putt in South Carolina

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message
G-Man wrote:
Staples has them now. I got 4 of them. No reabates!

Just FYI for those who need them.

Memory cards of ALL types have become extremely cheap within the last
year.

I just bought (shudder the thought) a SONY (hate to even say the name)
memory-stick pro-duo at 2GB for $54. While that's not quite as cheap, it
is actually even CHEAPER, considering that those are the EXTREMELY thin,
extremely small cards that only a year or so ago were about $289!!

I'm not sure why, but memory prices are just plummeting, big-time...on all
fronts.

Good news for everyone.

--

Except for computer memory. Those prices have actually risen. Now that
Vista will be available, and requiring more memory, the manufacturers will

Old December 1st 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Andrew MacPherson

(3putt in South Carolina) wrote:

Now that Vista will be available, and requiring more memory,
the manufacturers will be taking advantage of us for awhile.

Vista's unlikely to be a big factor. Relatively few people will be
running it for a long time to come (buyers of new PCs & premature
adopters only). More important is probably the introduction of DDR2
memory, so less DDR memory is being produced. That means supplies of
both get pinched and prices of both go up.

Andrew McP