My 2.0 USB doesn't see my Lexar card in my camera

Old December 16th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
TheThe

Default My 2.0 USB doesn't see my Lexar card in my camera

I know someone will know. I have a Fuji S7000 camera. I have a Lexar
1GB CF card.
I have XP Pro with SP-1. If I plug the camera in a 1.1 USB it works and
sees the card
but it says I have a high speed device plugged in a low speed hub.
The Lexar Media (F screen comes up like it should and gives
selections of what you can do with the photos on the card thats in the
camera. The usb icon on my PC comes
up when I plug the camera in the 2.0 USB but nothing else happens. The
Lexar
screen doesn't come up. Any ideas of what I need to make it work? A
patch or setting?

Old December 16th 06, 05:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
TheThe

TheThe wrote:
I know someone will know. I have a Fuji S7000 camera. I have a Lexar
1GB CF card.
I have XP Pro with SP-1. If I plug the camera in a 1.1 USB it works and
sees the card
but it says I have a high speed device plugged in a low speed hub.
The Lexar Media (F screen comes up like it should and gives
selections of what you can do with the photos on the card thats in the
camera. The usb icon on my PC comes
up when I plug the camera in the 2.0 USB but nothing else happens. The
Lexar
screen doesn't come up. Any ideas of what I need to make it work? A
patch or setting?

I checked and it doesn't see the XD card that came with the camera
either.

Old December 16th 06, 07:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
TheThe

TheThe wrote:
TheThe wrote:
I know someone will know. I have a Fuji S7000 camera. I have a Lexar
1GB CF card.
I have XP Pro with SP-1. If I plug the camera in a 1.1 USB it works and
sees the card
but it says I have a high speed device plugged in a low speed hub.
The Lexar Media (F screen comes up like it should and gives
selections of what you can do with the photos on the card thats in the
camera. The usb icon on my PC comes
up when I plug the camera in the 2.0 USB but nothing else happens. The
Lexar
screen doesn't come up. Any ideas of what I need to make it work? A
patch or setting?

I checked and it doesn't see the XD card that came with the camera
either.

IT DOES see the card I think. I got new camera usb drivers that are
good up to SP5
I can see the files that the PC pulls off the cards. It tells the size
of each jpeg
but if you try to click on it it says can't preview or corrupted. I
still need to update
some software. Not sure what yet.

Old December 16th 06, 07:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Randy Berbaum

TheThe wrote:
: I know someone will know. I have a Fuji S7000 camera. I have a Lexar
: 1GB CF card.
: I have XP Pro with SP-1. If I plug the camera in a 1.1 USB it works and
: sees the card
: but it says I have a high speed device plugged in a low speed hub.
: The Lexar Media (F screen comes up like it should and gives
: selections of what you can do with the photos on the card thats in the
: camera. The usb icon on my PC comes
: up when I plug the camera in the 2.0 USB but nothing else happens. The
: Lexar
: screen doesn't come up. Any ideas of what I need to make it work? A
: patch or setting?

I know this is not exactly answering your question but since (in a later
posting) you indicate you may be buying software, you may be better served
to just purchase a multi-format card reader. They are generally very
inexpensive and work better than the camera cable (IMHO).

Randy

==========
Randy Berbaum
Champaign, IL

Old December 16th 06, 08:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

I probably can't help, but I am confused by your description - maybe
others are too...
TheThe wrote:
I know someone will know.

But are they reading this? (O;

I have a Fuji S7000 camera. I have a Lexar
1GB CF card.
I have XP Pro with SP-1.

Why only sp-1? This is very probably a system level problem, and later
service packs/patches may affect it, or you may be running drivers that
don't work weith sp-1...

If I plug the camera in a 1.1 USB it works and
sees the card

So you can read the files/folders? If not, what exactly happens and
what do you mean by 'it works'?

but it says I have a high speed device plugged in a low speed hub.

As it should..

The Lexar Media (F screen comes up like it should

Here's where I am confused - What is "The Lexar Media (F screen' and
when exactly does it appear? Is it just the folder listing or have you
installed some other drivers, eg Lexar ones?

and gives
selections of what you can do with the photos on the card thats in the
camera.

Do you mean the Microsoft scanner and camera wizard? If not, it sounds
like you have some drivers intercepting/interfering with the process -
try uninstalling everything to do with the camera/card, restarting, and
then attaching the camera - it should first see the USB Mass storage,
then it should recognise the camera name, and then if it sees images on
the card, offer to use the wizards/open the folder, etc..
Do other USB 2.0 devices work on that port? Have you tried another
port? Is it an onboard (motherboard) port, and how old is the
motherboard - some USB 2.0 systems are flaky..

The usb icon on my PC comes
up when I plug the camera in the 2.0 USB but nothing else happens.

If there are recognisable (ie not RAW) images, then the wizard should
pop up. Are there images on the card? Can you try attaching the
camera to another PC?

The Lexar
screen doesn't come up.

Again, I'm not sure what you mean by the Lexar screen...

I have the S9000, it works fine both via the wizard or just as a drive,
and I have not installed any of the supplied software as I don't need
it/have better stuff already..

Old December 16th 06, 06:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
TheThe

wrote:
I probably can't help, but I am confused by your description - maybe
others are too...
TheThe wrote:
I know someone will know.

But are they reading this? (O;

[...]

Thanks, the camera performs perfectly when connected to the 1.1's
It just gives me a message when I plug it in saying I have connected
a high speed device to a low speed hub. I want to get it working with
2.0

Old December 16th 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill

"TheThe" wrote in message
ps.com...

Thanks, the camera performs perfectly when connected to the 1.1's
It just gives me a message when I plug it in saying I have connected
a high speed device to a low speed hub. I want to get it working
with
2.0

The morons who created USB standards are a bunch of twits. They made
two USB2 standards, one is full speed and one is high speed. They
should have called high speed USB3 to make it clearly different
because manufacturers are still making cheaper full speed USB2
products and many people are duped into thinking that because it's
USB2, it's faster than the original USB when it's actually the same
speed.

You might have a USB2 full speed port which means it only handles
12mbps compared to the high speed port which is 480mbps. If so, then
that explains the low speed message.

--
Happy Holidays!

Old December 16th 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
TheThe

Bill wrote:
"TheThe" wrote in message
ps.com...

[...]

Thank you all so much. I'm kinda mad but happy. It turns out this mom
and pop computer place gave me two bad cards. I just got back from
buying a Belkin with the
NEC chip. Worked beautifully with everything that I plug in it. I
wasted lots of time on
the junk cards but it's over now. Thanks

Old December 16th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
AZ Nomad

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 13:52:01 -0500, Bill wrote:

"TheThe" wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

Do you have some bizzare notion that slapping a 480mbps interface on a 3MB/s
part is going to rev that part to the speed of the interface?
Old December 16th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Bill wrote:
"TheThe" wrote in message
ps.com...

Thanks, the camera performs perfectly when connected to the 1.1's
It just gives me a message when I plug it in saying I have connected
a high speed device to a low speed hub. I want to get it working with
2.0

The morons who created USB standards are a bunch of twits. They made two
USB2 standards, one is full speed and one is high speed. They should
have called high speed USB3 to make it clearly different because
manufacturers are still making cheaper full speed USB2 products and many
people are duped into thinking that because it's USB2, it's faster than
the original USB when it's actually the same speed.

Agreed that it's a mish mash and confusing to all but the most astute as
to port and device speeds.

But I seriously doubt that it was a particular group of morons, nor that
they are twittier than other morons.

Who are "they"? Is there really a standards setting group for this, and
what is M$ doing about it?

--
John McWilliams