Pretty and funny pictures

Old March 5th 08, 04:20 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Focus

Default Pretty and funny pictures

Here some pictures of my friend, Paulo Dias:
http://www.laserlab.pt/momentos/index.html

This is his printer repair service:
http://www.laserlab.pt/index2.htm

Click on Galeria and then Fauna. You won't believe what they got to repair!
Specially the mouse is very funny.

Here you can cut and paste the text to read his comments:

http://translate.google.com/translate_t

Have fun!

--
Focus

Old March 5th 08, 06:27 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
XxYyZz

"Focus" wrote in message
Here some pictures of my friend, Paulo Dias:
http://www.laserlab.pt/momentos/index.html

This is his printer repair service:
http://www.laserlab.pt/index2.htm

Click on Galeria and then Fauna. You won't believe what they got to repair!
Specially the mouse is very funny.

Here you can cut and paste the text to read his comments:

http://translate.google.com/translate_t

Have fun!

--
Focus

Thanks for posting that. One little critter can do alot of damage. Looks like
alot of those printers would be more expensive to repair than replace.

Old March 5th 08, 10:38 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Doug Jewell[_3_]

XxYyZz wrote:
"Focus" wrote in message

This is his printer repair service:
http://www.laserlab.pt/index2.htm

Click on Galeria and then Fauna. You won't believe what they got to repair!
Specially the mouse is very funny.

Here you can cut and paste the text to read his comments:

http://translate.google.com/translate_t

Have fun!

--
Focus

Thanks for posting that. One little critter can do alot of damage. Looks like
alot of those printers would be more expensive to repair than replace.

I've seen some nasty damage caused by critters.

During a mouse plague we had countless printers and
computers come in with mice damage. The usual damage was
crap and **** over circuit boards. Usually a clean would get
them working again. Occasionally we'd replace mainboards,
video cards etc - generally pretty easy money.

The worst one though was a custom computer that was used as
a controller for a grain mill. This was a customised machine
that couldn't be replaced as the source had gone out of
business. To replace it would pretty much require the
company replace their entire mill - apparently running into
the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I repaired it once because of mice damage - because it
couldn't easily be replaced, I had to fix a few PCB tracks,
so a bit more involved than the typical repair. I should add
that they brought me the circuit board - I didn't repair it
in-situ because it was an integral part of this mill.
They got it back, and rang me about a week later saying it
wasn't working - could I come out and look at it in-situ
because possibly I hadn't fixed it properly.

I went out onsite, and first thing I noticed some gauze had
been gaffa taped over the vents. They identified that these
were where the mice had got in previously so blocked them so
mice couldn't get in. Great idea. Opened it up and
immediately the source of the problem was clear. They had
blocked the vents, but unfortunately about 2 dozen mice were
already in the machine. Some of them had died and had
started decomposing. With nowhere to go and nothing to eat
except insulation, components, and each other, they had made
a hell of a mess of the inside of this computer.

Repairing it became a long, tedious and smelly job. Had to
re-engineer parts of it that were badly damaged. It was
horrible, long after it had been cleaned you'd hit a solder
joint and the horrible acrid smell of burning mouse bits
would fill your nose. Eventually I got there with it. The
excercise was very expensive though, so ultimately
encouraged them to upgrade their equipment to something that
would be more serviceable.