folder management

Old March 3rd 08, 10:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
steve

Default folder management

I have a folder with 12 subfolders, and each of these subfolders has a
further 3-4 folders. These folders contain approx 2000 images, some of them
being TIFF some JPEGS. The images are anything between 800kb to 9mb in
size. I want to turn all of them into JPEGS at about 150kb each. Is there
any free software that can do all of the folder and its subfolders at the
same time?

Old March 3rd 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pete

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 22:47:03 -0000, steve wrote:

I have a folder with 12 subfolders, and each of these subfolders has a
further 3-4 folders. These folders contain approx 2000 images, some of them
being TIFF some JPEGS. The images are anything between 800kb to 9mb in
size. I want to turn all of them into JPEGS at about 150kb each. Is there
any free software that can do all of the folder and its subfolders at the
same time?

JpegSizer Pro will do this for you. It's not free, but if you have a
one-shot need, you can do the job during the free trial period.

http://www.tangotools.com/jpegsizer/

Pete

Old March 4th 08, 07:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_5_]

steve wrote:
I have a folder with 12 subfolders, and each of these subfolders has a
further 3-4 folders. These folders contain approx 2000 images, some
of them being TIFF some JPEGS. The images are anything between 800kb
to 9mb in size. I want to turn all of them into JPEGS at about 150kb
each. Is there any free software that can do all of the folder and
its subfolders at the same time?

A simple batch job with IrfanView?

David

Old March 4th 08, 07:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pete D

"David J Taylor"
wrote in
message news
steve wrote:
I have a folder with 12 subfolders, and each of these subfolders has a
further 3-4 folders. These folders contain approx 2000 images, some
of them being TIFF some JPEGS. The images are anything between 800kb
to 9mb in size. I want to turn all of them into JPEGS at about 150kb
each. Is there any free software that can do all of the folder and
its subfolders at the same time?

A simple batch job with IrfanView?

David

Exactly what I was thinking B2.......

Old March 4th 08, 12:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Nervous Nick

On Mar 4, 1:39 am, "Pete D" wrote:
"David J Taylor"
wrote in
messagenews
I have a folder with 12 subfolders, and each of these subfolders has a
further 3-4 folders. These folders contain approx 2000 images, some
of them being TIFF some JPEGS. The images are anything between 800kb
to 9mb in size. I want to turn all of them into JPEGS at about 150kb
each. Is there any free software that can do all of the folder and
its subfolders at the same time?

A simple batch job with IrfanView?

David

Exactly what I was thinking B2.......

You'd probably have to open the individual folders so you could "add
all" from each of them to the batch list, but yeah, once the list was
populated it would convert them all at once. But then, you'd have to
set a destination folder different from the various folders where the
files were originally located. I think.